Chapter 39

Opening my eyes, my face paled and my heart beat increased. We were here. My eyes darted to the furniture in the room, more specifically the large dinning table in front of us. Draco had warned me that the Manor was now eqiupped with spells only allowing the members of the house or death eaters to apparate in and out freely. Landing in the dinning room was apparently a form of security as well. From the look on Draco's face he knew but chose to keep it from me. But I could understand why. I wouldn't have came if I knew. 

The room was entirely empty but the memories came flashing back at me. My eyes began to water as I stared down at the spot where I lost my baby. I closed my eyes as painful memories hit me. Then I felt Draco's firm hand remove my shades and gently wipe away a stray tear that drop down from my eyes unwillingly. Draco must have bent down to my level because I could feel his sweet scent even closer.

"Don't be afraid," he tried to soothe me but I was beyond scared. "I will protect you," he promised and at the moment, I felt at ease. Draco sounded so sincere, so determined. 

I nodded, opening my eyes. "I trust you," I told him and saw him flash me a smile before his expression turned cold and he quickly slipped on my shades.

I was beyond confused until I heard it. The clicking of heels but they weren't soft and graceful like Narcissa's usual were-no, these were loud and demanding. A laugh escaped the person who entered the room and I felt a chill ran up my spine but only for a brief moment. Alice was terrified of this woman but not Audrey. Audrey was anxious for this reunion.

"Draco!" The voice of Bellatrix Lestrange greeted my boyfriend. Turning around, I tried my hardest to not glare, to not speak, to not kill. 

"Hello, Aunt Bella," he said monotoniously. "Is my mother home?"

She shook her head as her eyes meet mine, well my shades. "Nope, Cissy left with your father to take care of some business but those two little rodents are upstairs." She got closer to me as she spoke. "I can't believe my sister adopted them."

My head snapped towards Draco at her words but he too seemed lost. 

"Adopted? What about my aunt and her husband Evan?" Draco asked already knowing the answer.

"The Rosiers are dead." Bellatrix's face was uncaring though it involved her sister. However, I don't believe her sister was a Black. Maybe she was adopted. "A fight with a few Aurors that didn't end too well," she went on emotionlessly. "Now Cissy took in those bloody brats as if we were an orphanage."

My eyes darkened. How could this women be so heartless?

"Now who is this?" She asked, her curiousity showing.

"This," Draco cleared his throat. "Is my girlfriend Audrey." My eyes flickered to his. We had agreed to say I was his friend not girlfriend. Draco better have a good reason for doing this. 

"Girlfriend?" Bellatrix seemed genuinely shocked. "But I thought you were hopelessly in love with Kingsley's daughter?" 

Draco nodded, "I was but Audrey has helped me heal. Now if you'll excuse us, we will be on our way."

Bellatrix shrugged not really caring and went into the living room and down a flight of stairs.

"Where is she going?" I whispered.

"The dungeons," he answered but was relunctant to elaborate. "Why?" He read my mind and I nodded. "The cellars are located down there and it's where the prisioners are held." My mouth formed into a thin line and before I could asked what she was doing, a manly screech erupted from within the dungeons.

Draco pulled my hand and sighed as a house elf, who I did not recognize brought up our luggage. We walked up the stairs and into his room in silence.