Chapter 28

After re-adjusting my hat for the billionth time, I followed the crowd towards the elevators. I kept a calm facade as the guards looked over everyone trying to pin point something out of the ordinary. I held my head up high with my posture as straight and demanding as can be. My pureblood obsessed grandmother would be proud, I thought as I finally reach the elevator and read the names carefully. My eyes widened a fraction of an inch but my shades concealed my discovery.

 Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

It was located on the fourth floor. I smirked. Snape made a very bad choice in telling me Yaxley's position at the Ministry. I stepped into an elevator with three people, two men and one woman. Then I pressed the button and waited for the doors to close. 

The people behind me whispered uncontrollably and I raised an eyebrow at their secrecy. Surely they wouldn’t be plotting something bad. Or would they? Soon the elevator dinged at the fourth floor. When the doors opened, I realized that the floor was flooded with water. How odd? I stepped out of the elevator along with a red headed man, who seemed a bit too nervous to be here. The girl shouted the name of a spell and then they were off, leaving me and the red haired man alone. 

Ignoring him, I went straight into Yaxley's office but was surprised to see that it was raining inside. I glanced around for an umbrella but found nothing. I groaned angrily. I didn't want to get soaked before a fight. I sighed and was about to step inside when a shaky voice made me jump in fright.

"Here," I turned and found the same red headed man from before handed me an umbrella. I gave him a blank face and nodded as a thank you. I grabbed it and stepped into the room. He did the same and he took out his wand. I did the same, just in case if this was some sort of trap.

"Infinite Cantatem!" he yelled but nothing happened. I rolled my eyes. This man's cluelessness concerning spells reminds me of Ronald Weasley. He continued to fail miserably, "Infinite Cantatem!"

"You're saying it wrong," I piped in irritated. I needed him out of here before Yaxley returned.

"Oh yeah," he began exasperated. "How about you have a go at it?"

I shrugged and pointed my wand up at the thunderous clouds. "Finite Incantatem!" The moment the words left my mouth, the rain ceased and the clouds dispersed. I smirked at my work and turned back to him. "You're welcome, now leave."

He smiled, "Blimey! You're better than Hermione." He froze and covered his mouth in shock. Did he just say Hermione? "I-Uhh- I've got to go." He went to leave but I pulled him back.

I stared hard at his face before a realization hit me. "Ron?"

His face held shock. "How'd you know it was me? Who are you?"

I smiled at him. Only Ron would admit it was him so quickly. "Ron it's me," I removed my shades. "Alice."

He shook his head in disbelief, "But you're supposed to be dead."

I rolled my eyes. "And your suppose to be hiding from Vold-"

He covered my mouth. "Don't say his name. There's a tracker on it." I nodded wide-eyed. Then he surprised me and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "You're alive! Hermione was devastated when she heard the news. She still hasn't stopped crying at night. Harry a bit bumped too."

I felt bad. "Oh Ron, do me a favor and tell them I'm alive but only them. The fact that I'm really alive must stay a secret. Can I count on you?" 

He smiled, "Of course you can." 

"Good," I paused and then I remembered my 'mission'. "Now go, I have something I need to take care of." I hugged him. "Good luck and tell Hermione I miss her." He nodded before exiting the room, his clothing soaked in water from before.