Chapter 40

Waking up the next morning was a complete and utter nightmare. My nose was plugged up and my eyes were watery. My throat felt sore and my limbs were weak. Annoyed at my current health status, I rolled over in need of comfort but ended up falling on the floor with a loud thump. Man, I hate being sick!

"OUCH!" Was all I could say as I rubbed the back of my head tenderly. Then I looked up as the door flew open, revealing a red and flustered Draco. He looked as if he had ran one of the muggle marathons. He assessed me with his worried eyes before they flickered from me and bed. After a moment, it hit him and he started laughing. Like full on doubled over in laughter kind of laughing. Well that's rude, I thought as I pouted and crossed my arms.

"You fell off the bed," his eyes watered from laughing so hard.

"Oh shut it!" I snapped. "Now are you going to help me up or not?"

He nodded as he suppressed another laugh. Walking over to me, he effortlessly picked me up and sat me on the bed. After that he placed his hand on top of my forehead.

He sighed, "You're still burning up. Sorry Alice but you're going to have to stay in bed until my mother prepares an antidote. It should take a little over 6 hours."

"What? 6 hours is a long time," I complained and pouted my lips adorably. "I want to have some fun. I've been stressed out and I need to relax," I told him but found it difficult since my nose was so plugged up. "Please?"

Draco looked torn, "I'm sorry love but you have to stay in bed. If it makes you feel better my mother tells me that Samanthat's been sick as well. She can stay in my room with us until the potion is ready."

My eyes lit up, "No wonder I'm sick. I spoke to Samanthat last night. She must have gotten me infected." I paused as my eyes widened, "Oh Draco you need to get out of here before you catch it too!"

Suprisingly, he chuckled, "Don't worry darling, I'm immune to such things. My mother made sure of it when I was a child. Constant potions were given to me." He smiled at the thought, " I remember dreading them as a child but I guess I should be thankful. Of course, you wouldn't know about that seeing as you didn't have a mother..." he trailed off as he realized his mistake. "I didn't mean it like that-"

"No it's alright," I told him, completely unaffected. Or at least that's how I looked on the outside. I was used to not having my mother around. I took a deep breath and then exhaled loudly. I just wish I could see her again. Just one last time.

"Sorry."

I shook my head, dismissing his apology. "Could you please get Samantha for me?"

"What about your hair?"

"Don't worry about it, just get her."

Draco nodded and kissed my cheek before exiting the room. Moments later he came back in with very sick Samatha. She looked identical to me right now. Both of us had puffy eyes and red noses. Upon seeing me, she ran over and hugged me tightly. I chuckled as I held her in my arms. Then a small tear escaped my eyes as I held her. My baby could have been a girl. She would have been blonde like Samantha, with blue or grey eyes like me and Draco. I kissed her cheek and wiped away the stray tear. We pulled apart and Draco watched in confusion.

"What did I miss?" Draco asked us. Samantha and I exchanged knowing glances. "Does she know?"  I nodded and Draco's eyes widened immensely. He locked the door before running over to us.

"Sam?" he spoke softly but sternly as he looked the five year old dead in the eyes. 

"Yes Drakie?"

"Do you know who this is?" Draco pointed at me.

Samantha giggled, "This is Audrey."

I smirked as she sent me a quick wink. "Good girl," I kissed her cheek. "But you can call me Alice around Draco."