08| Mother knows best

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

I felt someone caress my cheek, then smack it like a cat would

What the fuck?

I woke up to see Jas giggling, "You sleep like a dead person." I huffed, rolling my eyes, trying my best not to smile. I saw him chuckling, packing his laptop and readying his bag.

I stay lost in my thoughts, still sleepy, till I heard Jas clearing his throat, I looked at him, and looked outside at the cloudy sky, only to realize that we have arrived at Sicily.

My eyes widened slightly, as the reality of how the week is going to go, started sinking in.

I suddenly felt weary and exhausted despite having slept like a dead person for hours straight. Jas held my hand, with a sorry look in his eyes, as he nodded his head, ensuring it will all be okay.

"Is there anything I should or shouldn't say? I don't want to make matters worse." He muttered, I gulped.

I sighed and got up, and looked at the mirror with a blank look.

"Don't let whatever they all say, get to you. They'll say hurtful and, unrealistic shit to your face and behind your back, just to get a reaction out of you or me. Whatever it is, don't let it get to you. You understand me?" I muttered sternly, as I put on my shades, and started brushing my hair.

His eyes hardened, "Even if they talk hurtful, unrealistic shit about you?"

I hummed, applying my lip gloss, "Especially if they talk hurtful and unrealistic shit about me."

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

I walked down the flight of stairs of the private jet, waving my hands with a cold and tired smile on my face at all the reporters who have arrived to capture my successful return to home sweet home. As I arrived closer to my assigned limousine, a couple of them managed to make it to me, I sighed, pissed off that they didn't respect my privacy.

I made eye contact with the driver and gave him a pleading look, because I knew he was involved someway or the other in the mafia, thus probably had very less patience and tolerance.

The driver nodded his head and grumbled something, as he went inside the SUV.

I faced the flashing cameras with my signature smile, "Carla how does it feel to be back home? To take a small break from the spotlight and spend some quality time with your loved ones?"

I wanted to throw up.

I heard Jas chuckling and talking to someone in the back, and that somehow made me feel better and made me to focus on the irony of the situation and have a good laugh internally in my mind.