19| Fake it till we make it

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

My family was extremely wealthy and well off

I, with an established reputation and career, was extremely wealthy and well off.

However I think nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing compared to the amount of money, the Verratti's, especially the brothers━ Nikolai and Romano owned.

I was now currently seated in the limousine sent by Nikolai, which was parked in front of this gorgeous mansion, which could easily be mistaken as a castle. I stared at the freaking castle through the tinted windows of the limousine with wide eyes.

I whispered, "Woah."

The chauffeur whispered back, "I know right."

I snorted in agreement as he walked out to communicate with the other guards and alerted everyone that I had arrived, and walked to accompany me out of the limousine. I quickly recollected myself, and took deep breaths in and out and straightened out my skirt.

The guard then emerged out of the enormous castle and jogged towards me and helped me out.

"We have informed the Capo that you have arrived. He is however, in an important meeting now. He wishes for you to look around the mansion while he wraps up the meeting, ma'am."

I smiled warmly at him, "That's alright, I don't wish to look around. Would you perhaps lead me towards an area where, I could wait for him?"

The guard smiled back widely and nodded, "Of course ma'am."

I begrudgingly followed him, not knowing the head or tail of what's to come of our meeting.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

As I walked past the never ending hallways, I found myself gawking at every portrait of him.

Every single thing about him fascinated me, no matter how much I tried to resist the idea of him.

After a long time, my mind and heart were at war against one another, battling for victory.

He tried to hurt you earlier with his words, his actions, his . . . everything, my mind quarreled.

But, there's a huge chance that he doesn't know the full story from my perspective, my heart reasoned with my mind.

He might just be like the rest, he chose to believe everyone and jumped on the hate train, he'll leave once he knows the whole story.

But, how can I expect him to look at me with softened eyes so soon? We hardly know each other.

From one misunderstood person to another, could he not notice the signs from a mile away?