Business Tactics

Linsi's pov;

After that conversation with Carl, I left office. I had not seen him even at home. I asked Aunty Cis if she had met,but the answer was no.

It's been 2 days... My mom had been yelling at me on call just because I was not calling him. I just didn't want to give much burden,if he would be busy to find solution. My sadness had started to form a tornado in my mind. It had become worry.... That he wouldn't trust me.

As if he ever trusted huh.....

I was having a nap on couch of living room as I don't have anything to do in this mood. Bittregourd wasn't there, so I needed not to worry ,if he would have any problem and bla bla bla. It feels better in living room.... I'm not waiting for him here . I just feel good. Okay....
.
.
.
.
I nudged to my blanket and I felt someone's hand patting on me. I snapped my eyes open and saw him standing there with a slight smile.

I immediately sat straight and asked him," Where were you? Why didn't you come home? It's been 2 days."

He chuckled," I told you to wait!! Why are you panicking?"

I mumbled keeping my eyes on floor," I thought, you wouldn't trust me and would leave me. I really don't know what happened. Why would I do that?"

He sat beside me taking my hands in his and sighed," Linsi! Don't worry. I was just busy with removing all those spams on internet and investigations. Don't worry about that. I had been taking naps in my private room at office.But, you have to come to office today."

I asked with confusion," But why?"

He looked into my eyes," Don't ask anything. I know that you didn't do anything. For once....Just trust me. You will never regret. Trust me... Okay?"

I tried to find trust and sincerity in his eyes. But, I couldn't find anything except that. I nodded slightly.

He sided my hair strands and smiled. A smile that's rare. I could figure out what feelings that held. He sighed," Go, get ready. You're coming with me today and also in future."

I was going to protest if anyone would see. He shut me up saying," Don't ask anything. I know what I am doing. Be little fast." And he left for his room.
.
.
.
.
We arrived at office and Carl took me directly to the conference room. I could feel gazes at me . But, I ignored them. The conference room was full of businessmen. My heart was thumbing like hell. I started regretting. Why the hell did I convince with that Bittregourd? I don't even have any evidence to prove myself. I'm really dumb.

Carl stood at center and I was behind him. He whispered to me," Trust me."

Those two words melt my heart. I nodded at him. He showed something on projector and said loudly," So, this is the account that post our information first. The spams were removed. But. But. But. I tracked that damn account. Guess what it's location was some company. Actually that one is present here."

I looked at the crowd that was looking at us curiously. I saw Sohan sitting there, why is he looking uncomfortable!

"And that company is Mr.Adams."he smirked at him. I was trying to overcome that shock.

Sohan stood from his seat and smirked at him keeping his both hands in pocket," Does that prove anything Mr.Clark?"

Carl placed his hands on conference table and looked at him and smiled at him in a devilish way," Tsk... Tsk ..... Why was the location from your company? If it's Linsi... That everyone accused that it's her."

Sohan also placed his one hand on table saying," How could I know? That's your assistant. Not mine."

I grasped at his answer. I could feel being betrayed.

Carl stood straight and said," Wait. Mr.Adams. I'm not finished. It's obvious that no one can steal from office as sicurity is strict and also the cctv.
So, you tried to steal from Linsi. I remembered that you came to office only once in last 15 days. I checked all the cctv camera and saw you going after her."

Sohan was going to say something,but he cut him off saying," I knew that Linsi was at caffe at that time as i own that caffe she always goes there, the staffs just varify me about her safety."

I cried out mentally, Whatttt.... Did he stalk me???? Oh god, why so I think always negatively! Does that mean, when I thought that he didn't care about me and was ignoring me. Actually he did care about me in secret. I was smiling thinking all these.

One of them said," Just come to the point Mr.Clark."

Carl continued his explanation looking at Sohan," Offcourse you didn't know that.And you thought to steal from her at the caffe where no one can guess that much and offcourse as it's just a caffe why would someone care to check cctvs there! "

I remembered the moment, we met at caffe.

"But but but I checked cctv of that time of my caffe as you followed Linsi. And the video is here. the proof is here" and everyone looked at the video. I realised that, the moment I went to pay the bill my laptop was there. May be he just guessed the password as that was so lame. Maybe he could get that from his resources and spies.

I slapped my head slightly. Offcourse, no one saw that as everyone was shocked. I was also trying to digest all the informations.

We all heard bang on table and turned around. Sohan looked at Carl and said with clenched teeth," No one can do anything to me, even the laws. I just underestimated you, my dear brother! I liked that little assistant of yours. But, anyway she turned out to be my sister-in-law and I started hating her as much as I do to you that everyone in this industry knows. I thought of hunting two birds with one arrow. As she trusts everyone blindly. Nothing can happen, I will suppress everything with my power. And you know that."

Carl smirked at him saying," That's where you're always wrong. You think, you're so smart. I'm not your brother anyway. This meeting is on live and there's the camera."

Everyone looked at that direction saw some cameras being set. I was surprised with the tactics of him.

He was smirking at him and said," And after knowing your tactics.... No one will co-operate in your business.... So it's end..... your destruction..... Don't dare to harm my people." I could see everyone's disgust in their eyes and suspension too. Wait .... His people. It sounds cool like some romantic drama.Woww.... Oh Linsi ,what are you thinking in this situation!!!

I could feel rage in eyes of both brothers. Yeah, the new information. Carl sighed and said ," The meeting is over as everyone knows what to do. I think...."

Everyone left the room and Sohan also left the room furiously. I sat on a chair and face palmed myself. Carl sighed ," I told you to trust me. And stop trusting other people easily. Whatever I say everytime, is for your good. But, you're so stubborn."

I huffed at him," Yeah yeah as if you're not stubborn. That's the problem. Both of us are stubborn and we don't listen to each other. It's my fault. I am sorry."

He sighed me," No need for that. I'm always with you. You're unique this way. You have pure heart . I feel good to see someone who has such purity in front of me. That gives me good vibe."

I chuckled at him," Yeah yeah getting you into troubles."

He smiled at me," Yeah, that's okay. If I can get peace in return of troubles."

(I would love to read reviews about my story 😗. Do comment what you liked. Happy reading buddies💕)