8. Celibate

Please remember to vote 🌟

5:07 AM

I woke up to my mom knocking on my room door and sobbing while calling my name.

" Wake up Lee! " she cried out.

I immediately got an headache from all the excitement.

My heart pounded uncontrollably out of my chest as I rushed towards the door to see what was happening.

As I turned the knob and cracked the door open my mother pushed herself in hugging onto my half awaken body and sobbed on my shoulder.

"Mi nuh know how fi tell you deh news yah mi daughter . " She muffled lifting her head to look into my eyes.

Her arms moved from around me and now hugged my face.

Here eyes red and cloudy as more tears welled up in her eyes and streamed down her mushy cheeks.

I saw this face before when she told me approximately 8 years ago that my father succumbed to injuries received from a tragic accident.

"What happened?" I inquired

"Tyrone dead" she cried out bringing me into her once more.

"Whaa " I managed to let out before my body went numb.

I woke up to terrible scent of smelling salt , my heart was pounding in my head which made my headache even worst.

All of a sudden it all came back to me and I instantly felt weak. I could feel the tears streaked down my cheeks

Mi sorry mi baby my mom sobbed while fanning me with a piece of book cover in one hand and the other with the smelling salt she used to resuscitate me.

"How him dead? " I fought to let out.

My mom turned to the single transparent window in my room and after a 5 second pause then a sigh she spoke.

"He got shot up while driving home and crashed into a light post.

The pain I was feeling got even worst and I started to scream and sob.

Even though I hated him for what he did I never wanted such a thing to happen to him.

I felt responsible for it too.

If I didn't tell him to come see me he would have never died.

Mi a one big Crossis enuh.

The voices in my head cried out on repeat.

16:12 hrs

It was getting late and my mom kept reminding me that I had to get ready and go to work before muster at 6 .

I had no energy in me with all the crying and my tummy ached from it and also probably not eating from morning.

I finally built up enough strength to crawl out of the bed and get ready.

I was finally ready by 17:00 hrs then said my goodbyes and head out.

Mom made me a banana oats smoothie to go and still managed to prepare some streamed fish with orkra and freshly baked bammies on the side.

I finished the smoothie in less than a minute into the drive to Spanish Town. After all I never ate a thing but tears and air from morning.

I managed to conceal the pain I was feeling from what happened as I met up with some of my other parties in Spanish Town and they discussed hearing that a 3jr soldier got shot up last night as we all travelled to camp.