10. Flashback (Pt.2)

Please remember to vote 🌟

"Kylie you alright? " You've been in there for a while now .

"Kylie,Kylie!" A worried tone shouted from a distance in fear.

I could hear the faint sounds of calling and knocking on the door but I was too weak to answer.

It felt like my voice was taken from me and I was slowly perishing.

I tried to open my eyes but they burned and all I could see was blur and darkness.

They finally burst the door open to see me unconscious on the bathroom floor.

The medicine cabinet was open and all the medications belonging to the elderly neighbor was scattered all over the floor.

"Anique call Barry quick quick and tell him to come drop us at Hospital now" she cried out.

She then used her phone to dial the police and informed them about the emergency and location.

Luckily my aunt was a registered nurse so she immediately knew what to do.

She moved me onto my side to prevent choking and stayed with me till the driver arrived while telling me to keep strong for her and my mom.

The driver arrived within 5 minutes and transported us to the Spanish Town Hospital.

A breathing tube was placed into my nose and naloxone was injected into my vain to reverse the opioid overdose.

I woke up a little before 6:00 am the following day where a nurse was by my bedside checking my vitals.

Good morning Ms.Wilson how are you feeling she inquired.

"Terrible" I murmured while scoping out my surroundings.

There was an IV in my hand and a tube in my nose and vagina that felt extremely uncomfortable.

I was also on some form of drip and is that a fucking pee pee bag? My inner voice scoffed with disgust.

"Will I be going home today" I asked the nurse

"I'm not sure but when the doctors arrive you can ask them" she replied sounding sympathetic.

I took a deep breath and close my eyes once again.

About an hour after a doctor came and introduced himself as Doctor Apollo.

So Miss Wilson as you may or may not know you overdosed on an opioid last night called Fentanyl. He informed while checking my pressure.

This could have killed you if your family members didn't get you here in time.

"That was the aim" my inner voice followed boldly.

Your pressure, vitals and entire respiratory system is still not up to par as yet, so we will be keeping you here for some days until you are stabilized.

We will also be giving you a medical detox and after that treatment which will last about 3 days you will be referred to counseling.

We also saw some bruises on your neck and thighs.

"Are you being sexually and/or physically abused at home?" He interrogated in a more restrained manner.

"No" I responded as tears welled up in my eyes

I sighed then continued " I don't want to talk bout it "

Are you sure because by the looks of it you have been assaulted and you are underage so I have to make a formal report or I can lose my job and medical licence.