Chapter Four

The next morning, Richard woke up bright and early. He looked over his shoulder and saw that Marjorie was sleeping peacefully. He tip-toed softly, so he didn't wake her up. But he looked out the window and saw that the sun was rising earlier, and the sun was brighter than ever. He knew that things were going to be different and everything was going to work out in his favor. He stepped outside and watched as the sun went up. He could feel the sun going in his face, and felt his eyes squinting from it as well. He started to feel as if he accomplished something, but he knew that there was so much that he accomplished. With what he had gone through in Rome, and what he had gone through even before that. He had so much he should have been proud of, but he still felt as if there was something missing. He had a beautiful wife and he came back from war so far in one piece. He didn't know what was wrong. For as long as Richard could remember, he felt as if he was different from everyone, even when he was in the military. He couldn't figure it out, but there was always something. But when he met Alexander, he started to figure it out a little bit more. But he still was unsure. He was always aware of Alexander's feelings towards him, and it was more obvious than ever before. But Richard could have never returned those feelings.

Because he loved Marjorie, and he didn't want to betray her. Still to this day, Richard still didn't know if he had those feelings for him that Alexander had for him. It was obvious to everyone how Alexander felt about him. And Alexander was constantly shamed for it. Which had Alexander on edge, and worried that he was going to get kicked out of the military for it. But Richard always let everyone know that they were just making up things and that everything that everyone was saying about Alexander was all rumors.  Because Richard would have hated to see Alexander get in trouble over being who he was. He didn't think it was fair. Especially when he was one of the few who truly knew who Alexander really was. And Alexander was also one of the strongest fighters he had known, no matter how unsure of himself he was. Which is one of the reasons why when Richard went home, he was concerned about how Alexander was going to manage without him. But he had a feeling that he was going to be fine. He watched as Jimmy was walking down the street and Richard walked over to him and greeted him.

"Morning Jimmy..." Richard said to him,

"Richard..." Jimmy said walking by to him and shaking his hand,

"You know you don't exactly have to do that..." 

"I know..." Jimmy responded to him letting go of his hand, "I guess it's a habit, with you being a military general and all..."

"Well... we've been friends for years..." Richard added, "So you don't have to treat me like a General, treat me like a friend." 

"Sorry..." Jimmy apologized but in a sarcastic tone which got Richard laughing. Richard always knew how sarcastic and witty Jimmy was, which was one of the reasons he could have never been mad at him for anything.

"How was Marjorie while I was gone?" Richard asked him, "Was she doing alright?"

"She was fine... the reason she worked was to clear her head."

"Good for her...really..." Richard said being honest. 

Jimmy looked over and noticed something with Richard. He thought it was strange that he was awake this early, but with him being in the military, perhaps it was something that he was used to. So he didn't find it unusual. But Richard was always hesitant to open up about his feelings, he could never tell anyone what was really going on in his mind. Especially to Jimmy and Marjorie. This was something that worried Richard most of the time, and he got worried that the two of them would get worried about him when he didn't open up to them.