Chapter Thirteen

A few moments have passed and Richard and Alexander had finally seen Marjorie return. Alexander didn't know what to say when he saw her, he was upset for Richard for what she had done to him. Betraying him the way she did. Marjorie looked over at Richard, and then she saw Alexander moments later, wondering who he was. Richard remained quiet before anything else, and he didn't say a word. Marjorie could tell Richard was still angry at her and she couldn't blame him, but she could also tell Alexander was angry at her as well and she didn't even know who he was.

"Who is this?" Marjorie asked, "Why is he here?"

"Marjorie, this is my friend Alexander," Richard answered awkwardly, "Alexander, this is my wife Marjorie..."

"Hello." Alexander said to Marjorie putting his hand out, "I've heard a lot about you."

Marjorie just looked at Alexander for a few moments, trying to process everything. She then looked over at Richard and rolled her eyes at him and walked off.  Richard and Alexander looked at each other moments later and both of them started laughing, wondering what was going on in Marjorie's mind at that moment.

"Do you think she's mad?" Alexander asked,

"She's mad at herself for start..." Richard answered, "I'm not the one that had the affair, she is..." 

Alexander then wondered what was going to happen next, he wondered if Marjorie was going to continue to give him dirty looks and Richard wondered if maybe he should talk to her. 

"You should talk to her..." Alexander said, "I'll wait right here..."

"Are you sure?"

Alexander nodded. Richard then looked at Alexander and smiled as Richard went upstairs, he looked to see the patience in Alexander as he was waiting for him to return slowly. 

As he went upstairs, he heard the sounds of crying and he recognized the crying voice anywhere, it was Marjorie. Richard opened the door to hear her sobbing and he watched as she wiped the tears away the moment she saw him. She looked at him and wasn't amused and Richard didn't know why she was acting the way she was. Perhaps it was her regretting everything that happened, he didn't know if she was feeling upset that she had gotten caught. Richard just wanted to talk to her. 

"What's the matter Marjorie?" Richard asked her as he sat down next to her, "Is everything alright?"

"No..." Marjorie wept, "Everything is not alright... how could you do this to me?" 

"Do what?"

"Bring him here. Alexander." Marjorie said wiping her tears away, "Was this your way of making me angry."

"To be honest, he came on his own..."

"I don't believe you!" Marjorie fought back, "I don't!" 

Richard was getting annoyed with her in that moment, he didn't know why Marjorie didn't trust him. He had been nothing but loyal to her from the start, it was her who lost his trust in the past few days after everything that she had done with Jimmy. From the affair that they had while he was away, and betraying Dorothy the way she and Jimmy did. He didn't know why she was the one hurt and why she was the one feeling guilty over everything. 

"Are you really that goddamn selfish?" Richard asked her getting more and more upset by the moment, "Who had an affair with my best friend? You. Not me... YOU!"

"You think I wanted to hurt you!" Marjorie said, "You think I wanted to do any of that to hurt you?"

"Well you did..." Richard said, "Not only that but Dorothy, who is pregnant for Fuck sake's..."