The Day

Zeref's POV-

"Daddy!" Andrea cried as she ran towards me.

"Andrea." I said. "There you are." I picked up her small five year old figure and moved her hair out of her face. "What happened?"

She sniffed and put her face on my shoulder. "He... He... He tried to take me away." She said.

"He?" I said. "He who? Where is he?" I knew Fairy Tail was on the island. I was just heading back from an encounter with Natsu and his friends. But they didn't seem like those kinds of people. But what she's saying can mean many things.

"H-he came out of the tree. Tried to grab me. I-i-i hit him. And he fell down. It was an accident!" She sobbed.

I nodded, understanding. She thinks she might've killed him. "It's okay. You didn't kill him." Most likely.

She knew how to use the magic, just can't control it very well and is to weak to actually kill. Now I kind of wish I taught her a different kind of magic.

"Really?" She said and looked up at me with wide red eyes.

I nodded. "Positive. Now come on. I got Drago all ready to go." He said and set her down.

She nodded and smiled a wide grin. "Okay."

She loved Drago, her pet, or more correctly, her best friend, who is a cat that can fly and talk and walk like a human. I forgot what they're called, but I'll find out sooner or later.

"I'm gonna win!" Andrea suddenly said and started running through the trees to the boat. She probably saw it from her perch in her tall tree.

I walked after her, making sure she didn't get lost. What was I gonna do when we get off the island? I can't just buy a house or rent an apartment. I don't have the money. And where would I get that money? I would need to take care of Andrea somehow. She wasn't immortal and can survive without food. I guess we'll find something out.

"I win!!" Andrea giggled as she danced on the beach.

"Hey, Annie." Drago said above her. Andrea smiled and started climbing into the boat.

"Wait a second." Drago said and grabbed the back of Andrea's shirt and lifted her up and set her down.

"Okay." I nodded. "Good job. I'll see you when the boat lands. Okay?"

"You're not coming with us?" Andrea said with wide red eyes.

"Not on this boat, no." I said. "I'm taking that boat." I pointed to the flying ship that I knew carried the Dark guild who was so set on capturing me and, "waking me up."
Obviously thinking I'm in some sort of sleep mode or something. I don't know what goes on in their heads. And I don't want to know.

"Oh. Why can't I go with you?" Andrea asked.

"Because. You need to stay out of harm's way." I said.

"Oh?" She blinked.

I nodded.

"Okay." She said, her voice suddenly upbeat and it's usual hyper self.

I smiled slightly. She probably got her attitude from her mother. She was so optimistic and cheerful. Mixed with other emotions that pop up every now and then.

"Bye, Daddy." Andrea smiled as Drago grabbed a paddle and pushed off of the sand. He was apparently stronger then he looked. Or Andrea was just that light.

"I will see you later." I nodded and smiled slightly. It was hard not to smile when she was smiling brightly at you.

I turned around and headed towards the ship. I had a feeling Acnalogia would be here any minute now.