Explanation

Rogue's POV

We have been here for over a month. I hate it still.

Samantha has been occupying herself in the library for hour on end. Last time I went in there, she was surrounded by books and notes. She also gave me a book about a "Nara Clan". It seems they manipulate shadows. They can even manipulate a target's movements. Samantha thought I should learn how.

It doesn't say how. It just says it's called the Shadow Clutch Technique and something about a rat sign. I couldn't make any since of it. But the pictures did help. So for the past week, I've been trying every single technique in this Nara book. I've only got the Shadow-Neck Binding thing. I can make arms out of shadows and they have physical abilities that can rival my own. It's pretty impressive, actually. Wait until I catch Sting off guard.

Knock knock.

"Come in." I said lazily, my back to the door. Who would be knocking? Arthur would just walk in, and so would Samantha. Maybe I could practice this Shadow Gathering Thing on whoever it is.

The door opened and I used my shadow and stretched it out towards them. I almost faded into the shadow out of habit so I stopped. I turned around only to be tackled by familiar arms and blonde hair.

"You're okay!" Sting said.

I pushed him off of me and whacked him with my book. "What are you doing here, idiot!?"

"Ooww! Getting you of course! What was that for?" Sting yelled, holding his head.

"You should be at the Guild Hall." I said. "I'm fine, as you can see."

"I noticed! You have some explaining to do!" He pointed at me angrily. "Gone for a month and no letters. Nothing! It doesn't even look like you're trying to leave!"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not some kid. I don't have to explain anything." But in all honesty, I was glad to see him. I haven't seen him in a month. "But if you want an explanation, I'll give it to you. Just follow me." I stood up and held my book up threateningly. "Don't say a word. Understand? And don't look around like you've never seen all of this before. Act like you've been here."

"How am I supposed to do that?" He asked as we walked out.

"Shut up." I told him with a small smile. "And follow."

We walked to the library and we walked in as Samantha was putting away a book and pulling out two more. "You're still reading about the Medical Stuff?" I asked.

She nodded as she went to her table. We followed her as she put it on the table. "I'm learning a lot about the world where Andrea is. If I have maybe a week more, I can start learning the magic they have there. It's called Jutsu, by the way." Then she looked up. Her mouth dropped open and her eyes widened. "Sting!" She gasped. "What. When. How. Why?" She got up and hugged him.

"He was surprisingly quiet. I'm amazed." I commented, earning me a glare from the other boy.

"What do you mean, the world where Andrea is?" He asked, pulled away from the hug and looked down at the books.

"Oh. Rogue didn't tell you?"

I hate you. Sting turned to look at me. "He said he would explain once we got here. Right?"

I nodded.

"Where's Andrea?" He asked.

"Okay. Don't go blowing up everything. We're trying to get her back. But she's in another world. She's fine, by the way. We've been able to watch her every now and then. But that's about it. We can't contact her or reach her."

"Wait! That's wrong! We can contact her!" Samantha interrupted.

We both looked at her as she continued to talk.

"I can make a small portal, much like Arthur's mirror. And we can send her a letter or something. But we can't talk to her." She said.

"And you were going to tell me this when?" I said.

"I was going to. But then I kind of got distracted..." She smiled, rubbing her back of her neck.

Sting smiled. "This is great! Let's make a letter!"

I nodded and sighed. Thank goodness that as all I had to explain before he got distracted.

"Are you sure you can make a portal like that?" I asked, sitting down beside her.

"Yes. I've been practicing." She said, looking down at her books.

"And how do you know it worked?" I asked slowly.

"First time I tested it, it was a week from now. I wrote a quick note with only my name on it. Then I sent it through. It landed on Andrea's hair ad she shook it off. So she felt it. Second time was just yesterday. I dropped a pen through. It landed on the table and made a clattering noise. Now, I was going to send a full letter tomorrow." She said, her hands started moving as she talked. Do all women talk with their hands like that?

"Okay! I wrote what I wanted to write. You're turn Rogue!" Sting ran up to them and sat down across from me. He pushed forward the letter and the pen.

I nodded and read what he wrote. It was pretty basic. Only a paragraph of info. He summarized how construction of the Guild Hall was and how he couldn't wait for her to see it. Then I began writing my own paragraph. I explained what situation I was in and Drago was doing fine. We weren't prisoners, and we were watching her through a magic mirror. (I had no clue how to explain it).

"You're turn." I pushed it towards Samantha and watched as he began rapidly writing. She only had room for two paragraphs before she ran out of paper. Sting and I looked at her as she finally stopped writing.

"Wow..." Sting said.

I leaned forward and began to read what Samantha wrote. She flipped over the paper and shook her head smiling.

"Okay. I'll send it to her tonight!" She said.

"Why not now?" Sting asked. "I wanna see how you do it."

Samantha sighed. "Fine. But we have to go to my room."

We both nodded and helped her put away all the books. Then we headed back down the hall to Samantha's room.