Safe

Rogue's POV

I put a hand in front as my face as I stood up again. The blast. Sting, Lector, Andrea and Drago were still in there. I looked around and sniffed out an unfamiliar smell. From on top of one of the buildings. No, two smells. Two people. And they got farther and farther away.

"Fro is scared." Frosch said as he hugged my leg.

I bent down and picked him up. "It's okay. They'll be fine." I said.

Frosch nodded and sniffed.

I sighed and rocked slightly. I didn't want to stand here and do nothing. But I had to stay here in case they are still up and alive.

"Catch Rogue!!" Came a very soft voice that cracked as she spoke.

I looked up and Frosch jumped out of my hands and Lector replaced him. I turned around and handed him to Rufus who said he was trying to figure out what kind of fire it was.

"Calm down!" I heard Drago snap. "Lector is safe. Now hurry up."

"Sting!" I called up.

Sting's newly scratched face appeared out the window. He smiled slightly and then started screaming as he fell out the window.

I chuckled as I caught him, only to fall down. He was sure heavier then he looked. Must be from being knocked out for so long.

"Thanks!" I yelled up at the window.

Drago gave me a thumbs up as he flew out the window then flew back in.

"Who's in there?" Rufus asked. "I do not recognize that one."

"Andrea." Frosch said.

I nodded and looked back up. She hasn't come down yet. Why? Drago flew back out and waved his paws in his face, probably clearing the smoke from his eyes. He flew down to me and coughed a couple of times before speaking.

"I-I can't find Andrea." He said. "She was right behind us. And I don't think she fell into a hole." He said as he looked back at the building.

I blinked a few times as I noticed that the flames were changing colors slightly. Red, black, and purple.

"Rufus. What's going on?" I asked him.

"There seems to be more then one kind of fire burning." He said. "If my memory is correct, then there are magic canceling flames -or just regular flames- poison flames, and shadow flames." He frowned.
I looked at him, not understanding what that meant.

"If you combine poison flames with shadow flames correctly, it can make a deadly toxin that if a person breathes it, or is burned by the fire, they die. But it takes a while to develop." Rufus continued.

My eyes widened slightly. "You saying that right now, if I touched that flame, I would die?" I said.

Rufus nodded. "Terribly sorry to say, but yes."

"Nooo!!" Drago said. "Andrea is still in there!"

I shook my head. "Give her time. I have a feeling."

"But she's most likely dead in there! I need to go get her!" Drago said.

Frosch grabbed his tail as he tried to fly back in.

"I got it! Ow that hurts! I'm coming, I'm coming. Don't cry about it!"

Drago immediately froze in surprise.

"She survived?" Rufus said.

Andrea came running out with a childish grin on her face. She ran down towards us but tripped and fell on her face. She didn't get up. Her clothes were burned in many, many places. Her hair looked like it was even burned in a few places. Her skin was red and her eyes all watery.

I let go of Sting as he pushed off of me and landed into Yukino. I thought he was out cold. I picked up Andrea and saw she was sleeping peacefuly. I had to smile. She looked so peaceful and young like this.

"She's sleeping." I said. A few people sighed, or it could have just been me. I immediately forgot how old she was. She had just looked maybe 10 when she came out, now whem she's sleeping, see looks like a peaceful toddler, yet a little while ago she was acting 16 or something.

"Rogue." Sting said, or more like croaked. It kind of hurt to hear his voice sounding to fragile and weak.

I Iooked at him to see he was pointing at the back of the crowd. "Someone wants to speak with us."

I nodded. Why did it feel like I was doing everything around here today?
"You stay. You're not in a good position to talk right now. I'll go." I said.

"Fro will go to." Frosch said.

I smiled at him and nodded. "Okay. Lets go."