Is He Cute?

If you've been reading this recently, you probably know that I just started editing/re-writing the chapters for this story and am planning to write more soon. If there's anyone here who started reading this story before 2019, leave a comment to let me know. I think that'd be super cool dedication. Anyways, hope you enjoy mush because you're about to get a lot of it.

ETHAN'S POV:

I'm smiling from ear to ear when I walk up the front steps of my house. Greyson walks up them with me and is standing in front of me, smiling as well. "Well, I should probably be getting home soon. My moms will be wondering how my first day was," he tells me with a slight frown. "And how was your first day?" I ask with a smirk. "He smiles right back before replying happily, "It was amazing. Just like you." I smile and blush, looking at my feet. He places a hand under my chin and lifts my face to meet his. "You okay?" He asks. "Yeah," I smile at him, a real smile this time. "I'm awesome." He smiles and takes a step toward me before placing his hands on my waist. "Alright then. I'll see you tomorrow. 7am?" He asks. "Yep," I smile and he places a gentle kiss on my lips. "Okay. I'll see you then," he tells me and turns, walking away and leaving me with butterflies in my stomach and a stupid grin on my face.

I turn the key in the lock and find that the door is unlocked already. That's weird, I know I locked it this morning before I left with Grey. Realization hits me and I turn around to see a red truck parked in front of the house. It's my step-father's truck. I walk to the side of the house to see if my mom's car is there. It is. I heave a sigh of relief before running back up my front steps and going into my house. I kick off my shoes and shut the door behind me. I hear my mom call down from upstairs. "Hello?" I ring the small bell beside the door that was put there for this purpose. It's my way to tell her that I'm home. "Ethan," I hear the smile in her voice as she speaks. "I've missed you so much! Come up and give me a hug!" She shouts and I smile, heading up the stairs. I enter my room and toss my backpack onto the floor. I walk down the hall to my mom's bedroom and find her there. I smile at the sight of her. My mom is such a beautiful person, inside and out. My smile lessens as I see my step-father is also in the room. I stand as close to my mom and as far from him as possible. She pulls me into a tight hug and I close my eyes, smiling. She pulls away and looks at me with her hands on my shoulders. "How was your weekend? Was everything alright at home?" I nod and she smiles. "Good! I was so worried". I give her a look that says, "Really, Mom?" And she laughs. "Okay, you're right. I had no reason to be worried. But that didn't stop me, of course." She says and I smile.

I look around the room with a touch of confusion on my face. I look to my mom and raise an eyebrow. "She's still at your aunt's house. I'm going to be leaving to pick her up at four. I look at the floor and swallow at the thought of being alone with my step-father for the hour it would take her to pick up Ellie. When my eyes meet my mom's, I fake a smile and nod. "So, how was your day? Anything exciting happen?" She asks and I think about it a moment before an unstoppable grin appears on my face and I feel my cheeks burn. I force myself to have a serious look and simply shake my head. "That face didn't seem like nothing happened today," she smirks and I look down so she doesn't see my smile, and hope she doesn't ask what I know she's about to. "Who's the boy?" I feel a blush spread across my face again and I bury my face in my hands before giving her a look that reads "Moooommmmm." She laughs and says "Is he cute?" I blush and am about to hide my face again before just giving up and nodding. My mom squeals and I silently laugh. "Don't be embarrassed, sweetie. I'm just glad to see that you have an interest in somebody. And as long as he treats you right, I'll be happy for you." The fact that my mom cares about me as much as she does makes me incredibly happy and I pull her into a hug. I make the ASL sign for "I love you" with my hand (I use Sign Language when I really need to, but really only with my mom) and she says, "I love you too, Ethan."