five

"Ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for inviting me here. My name is Winter Kim, the CEO of MJ's kitchenware. I'll tell you a short history how's MJ's started".

"It's all started... with pottery and woodcrafting. My father loves pottery and woodcrafting, while my mother is a doctor".

....

Karina had nothing much to do that day. Winter's office was too clean than usual. No crumbled papers, no spilled coffee, no scattered books.

But there's tissues on the floor.

"At least there's improvement from that gay", Karina sneered before carefully picking up the tissues from the floor (again, afraid that there's snot on it).

Karina just wiped Winter's desk, Winter's coffee table, Winter's gigantic window, and mop the floor. There's nothing much to do actually. It's kinda boring to be honest because the room was so quiet.

"I guess I can go home early today~", Karina smiled happily.

....

Winter asked Ningning to pick her up that night. She said she was too drunk to drive, and Ningning can understand why her friend became like that.

When Ning arrived at the usual pub Winter had mentioned to her, she rushed out to look for Winter. It wasn't hard to find Winter, because she'll always sitting at the same spot every time she visit the pub.

"Winter, let's go...", Ningning said as she wrapping one of Winter's arm around her neck.

"Did she told you anything?", Ningning asked to the shop owner which was another friend of her and Winter, named Ryujin.

"She need to tell the audience the company history again, got that sudden pain, and she ended up here. Oh! She already take her meds, no worries", Ryujin confessed and Ningning just sighing heavily before decided to bring the drunk girl to her car.

"Oh? I walked? Are you trying to kidnap me? Who are you?"

"Are you sure what you're doing right now was the best decision, Winter?", Ningning asked and Winter just smiled like a fool.

"Oh? It's Ning! Hey Ning! What are you doing here? Why am I walking? My leg hurts... Ouch...", Winter pouted and Ningning just shaking her head with her friend's nonsense.

....

New day comes and Karina was happy, wearing the gift she got from Winter inside that tiny envelope.

It was a silver bracelet, and it looks cheap from Karina preferences. Even tho maybe Winter bought it from online shopping apps or a street arcade, she was grateful with the gift and that's why she's wearing it.

Just because she's grateful.

"Hello Ning!", Karina greeted the younger woman at the secretary table. Ningning smiled back at her and gesturing her hand towards Winter's office doors.

"Winter is inside, just informing you", Ningning said and Karina answered her with a nod and a small thanks.

Karina didn't know why, but knowing Winter was there inside the office made her day. She prefer working with Winter's annoyance and disturbance more than none.

Strange. It is. Karina couldn't understand herself as well. But a day working without annoying Winter was so boring in Karina's preferences.

She slowly open the office door, revealing Winter who's currently reading some papers that Karina didn't even know what. Karina face formed into a small smile even tho the younger girl didn't even look at her once.