eleven

Karina was now looking at Winter with her widen eyes. Withour her even knowing, tears starts forming at the corner of her eyes, looking at Winter who seems to slowly manage to fight the pain.

"Rina, I'm fine~", Winter said as cupped one of her hand on Karina's cheek. But still, Karina eyes never leave Winter's.

"I-I..."

"W-What happened...?"

"The p-pain... on your legs..."

"Is it--"

Winter gave a soft peck on the older girl's lips, that she is totally fine with this. It's been 7 years Winter has lost her left feet toes, and she didn't care anymore about that.

But it looks like Karina care a lot about it.

"I'm fine, Rina. Trust me--"

"No! You lost your all of your left leg toes! I didn't know lots of things about you! You had this mysterious pain on your leg! I couldn't help from being concerned and scared!", Karina rants out not to be mad or angry at Winter. It's just all of Winter secrets, one by one, make her hearts shattered into pieces.

"I'm fine, Rina", Winter said softly, finally out of pain and now sitting right beside Karina on the couch. Her thumb caressing Karina's cheek softly and her assuring smile never leave her face.

"Winter... I need... to know...", Karina said. Maybe she once said to herself that she can wait for Winter to tell her secrets, but knowing this made Karina couldn't handle herself.

She wants to know.

Winter lean closer to Karina's face. She could see Karina's teary eyes and rough breathing from being worried too much about her. That's when Winter's hand moved from Karina's cheek to her tender fingers. Locking them together as she slowly lean in closer to make their forehead bumps into each other.

"You know why I didn't tell you much about my highschool days?", Winter asked.

"No...", Karina's voice cracked.

"Well... When I was 17, my father started his kitchenware business. He've made 'em by woods and clays because he's good at pottery and woodcrafting. He made plates, utensils, cups, teapots, cookingware", Winter rolled her eyes playfully but her touch never leave her girlfriend's. Eyes still looking warmly into Karina teary orbs and Karina's tense face is now soften, even just a little bit.

"His early business days was a failure. He didn't sell much, and people didn't pay attention much. The company building also just a rented 2 story, not like now. Because of his failure in the early days, he changed. He would go home, shouting, tossing things around, raging out loud to me and my mother. Until one day, he became somebody else. He wasn't my father anymore."

"That day, I've entered my father's workshop and saw how his workshop messed up. His creations was far beyond complete. Trashes everywhere in the room. Wood dust and dried clay debris was everywhere on the floor. He wasn't there and I just wanted to help."

"So, I cleaned his workshop for him~", Winter smiled and Karina lifted one of her eyebrows in confusion.

"Then... What happened?", Karina's breathing is now stable and calm. But it wasn't long enough for her breath to be shaky and rough again when Winter continued her story.

"He stabbed and slashed my legs with a crafting knife."

"W-What?", tears now coming down from Karina's cheek. She can't hold it anymore.

"He's in outrage. He was mad because I touched and moved his stuffs, and suddenly he blamed me for his failure."

"W-Winter---"