Chapter 9

LENA'S POV

My eyes flutter open as I feel warm kisses being peppered along my jaw, my eyes catch a glimpse of Derek's hand around my throat, the cold rings of his fingers making my whole body vibrate.

Wait a fucking minute.

What is he doing in my bed?

" Calm down darling, we haven't done anything" he chucked against me and I release a sigh of relief

" Yet" he adds

" What hour is it?"

" 2AM"

" It's still early, why you'd wake me? "

" You had your fangs deep into my shoulder and I think you almost sucked half of my blood dry"

" You're joking, we have way more blood than humans, it would take me hours or even days to... "

" you are a she-devil, the process is way faster"

" Oh fuck I'm sorry, here" I hold out my arm to him, putting it a few centimeters away from his lips

" what are you doing?"

" I'm returning the favor, you're going to struggle to get through the day so it would be best if you drank my blood, so go on"

" I don't think it's a good idea. Drinking your blood would be like drinking about fifty cans of energy drinks"

" Oh come on, you have the chance to drink Zara Morningstar's blood. Who can stand at your table and brag about that? Nobody. Plus how would you know how it feels like if you hadn't tried? "

" I never drank from you but from your dad yes and it's a big no "

" So you'd rather spend the day weakened than drink my blood? Lame! "

"Even if I'm weakened I'll still be as strong as any human being, nothing to worry about"

"Let's go to your club"

"You mean our club? What for? "he frowns

"To have fun"

"Define fun"

"Killing assholes, there are always some lurking around"

"At this hour? "

" What do you mean at this hour ? Killing has no hour "

"You can go to your basement, I offered you people to torture"

"Out of stock, G"

" Don't call me G" he scowls " and the fuck you mean out of stock? "

"I mean they're all dead"

" What?"

"kaput" I do a slicing motion at my neck and his jaw drops

"You're lying "

"No, they're probably rotting on the dirt as we speak , wanna see them? "

"No, I'm good"

"So, we're going to our club or... ?"

" fine, get up and get dressed. Hurry up before I drag your ass back to bed"

°°°°°°

I was wearing a tight white dress with a plunging neckline, my whole body was covered with sequins which was totally in contrast with the black attire that Derek was wearing perfectly.

We were dancing sensually to Kill me with your love by One True God under the colored lights.

Hand in hand, we floated on the dance floor, our breathing was slow, our bodies were beautiful, glittering, covering what is really on the surface.