13. Rogue

*Unedited*

"I'm going to miss you," Harley whispered, clutching me tightly. She pouted when we separated from each other. She was the first person I told about leaving the country for a few days after my friend called. I haven't told her everything, though, like where exactly I am going or who I'm meeting and she knew it's better not to ask in these situations.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what I have to do when I get there but I assume it's dangerous because of how little my friend said to me over the phone. You never know who's listening so it's better to speak in person.

"I'll miss you too," I responded, giving her a tight-lipped smile. "But I won't be gone long, I think." She looked at me incredulously and crossed her arms. "You think?" She shrieked, throwing her arms in the air.

I shrugged. "I'm almost completely sure." She rolled her eyes and smacked me on the arm.

I laughed, rubbing the spot she hit, feigning pain. "That hurt." She scoffed and walked away from me to go to Collin. He sat on the plush, white couch playing with his toys, only looking up when he saw her approach him.

He discarded his toys, giving Harley his full attention and held out his arms to be picked up. "Aunty," He said cheerily, immediately snuggling against her neck when she picked him up.

My watch beeped, alerting me that it was time to leave, otherwise, I would be late. I was using a private jet that was arranged by my friend and I told them I would arrive at a certain time. Harley looked at me. "I'll put him in his car seat," She said, kissing Collin's cheek.

We walked to the car and I opened the door. She placed him in the car seat and buckled him. "Bye bye," Collin said, waving cheerfully. She closed the door after messing with his hair.

She pulled me into one last hug. "Please be careful," She pleaded, her forehead lined with worry. She knew first hand how dangerous many of these 'visits' are, since I saved her years ago and she found out about some of the things I do for 'work'. I am grateful she decided to stick around. She even offered to look after Collin and even though I trust her, I didn't want to be apart from him. Especially since I don't have a definite time I would return. Still, I couldn't ask for a better friend.

"I will," I said with a reassuring smile before getting into the car. She waved as I drove away.

I glanced at Collin through the mirror. "Are you ready to go on the plane, baby?" I asked. He nodded ecstatically. "Yes!" I giggled. He loved going on planes.

It only took an hour before we arrived at the airport. Collin looked half asleep as his head lolled to the side. He jumped in his car seat when he was startled by a loud noise.

"We're here," I said, swerving into the parking spot. He was instantly fully awake, wiggling excitedly in his seat.

I took the key out of the ignition and stepped out of the car. I opened the back door and took Collin out of his car seat. When I closed the door, a man wearing a three piece suit approached.

I narrowed my eyes as he came to a stop in front of us. He seemed familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. "Rogue?" He asked, taking off his sunglasses and flashing a devilish smirk.

"Yes?" I replied sharply, tightening my hold on Collin. There are only a few people who know me by that name.

The man tucked his sunglasses into his front pocket. "I'm Giorgio," He revealed. "Killian sent me to get you." He wiggled his fingers at Collin, who hid his face in the crook of my neck, shyly.

My eyes widened in realisation. Well, now I know why he looked familiar. Giorgio Agosti is the head of security for Killian Guerra, the friend who asked for my help. He only made his presence known in dire situations, otherwise, he's basically a ghost.

It makes me wonder why he would personally escort us to our destination. My stomach suddenly felt uneasy as I thought about various scenarios.

"Oh," He said and turned around, gesturing at a man who was standing at a distance. He only started to walk towards us when Giorgio called him. "That's Arthur. He'll take care of your car and ensure it's waiting here for you when you return."

He clapped the man on the shoulder. "Not a scratch out of place. Okay?" The man nodded. His hands were shaking, indicating he was either afraid of Giorgio or he was nervous. I bet it was the former, though. "Get her stuff."

I opened the trunk and he took out our bags, handing them to Giorgio. I gave Arthur my keys, watching as he ducked in the car and drove away, out of sight.

"Okay," Giorgio brought my attention back to him, "Let's go. The plane's waiting." He slung the bags over his shoulder.

Thankfully, we didn't need to go through any security checks or wait in any lines because of the large influence Killian has over people.

"Plane!" Collin shrieked in excitement when the jet came into view. Giorgio chuckled, "You like planes?" He asked my son, bending slightly so that he's at eye level.

"Uh huh," Collin murmured, looking at him warily. Giorgio straightened himself. "Well, let's get on the plane shall we?"

It has been fifteen minutes since we took off. The pilot was someone I knew and had flown me a few times. She was a middle aged woman who had been on the Guerra's payroll for years.

Collin sat beside me, securely strapped to the seat. His full attention was out the window as he watched the clouds in amazement.

I cleared my throat, causing Giorgio to look up from the book he was reading. "Why did Killian send you? I mean, doesn't he need you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Since he was the head of security, shouldn't he be around Killian at all times? I need an answer to my question to put my mind at ease.

He placed the book on his lap, sighing. "He wanted to ensure that you and your son are safe. Right now, we're on lockdown. Killian will tell you everything once we get to Italy."

I nodded in response, leaning back in my seat and closed my eyes. It's going to be a while before we reach our destination.

Honestly, I've missed Italy. I lived there for a few years before moving to America in my early teens. I've travelled to the country many times since then and stayed for a while when my mother left. Killian and his family were my biggest support and they were amazing people, despite their illegal activities. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for them.

Killian's sister, Sofia was the one I entrusted to manage my business in Italy and she has done a great job. Every so often I would call to check up on the family and my business. It would be great to see them after so long even though the circumstances are horrible. I assume it is, anyway. One way to find out.