23. Pyros

Heyy guys. How are you doing?

This chapter is really really short but I just wanted to post something. I've been really busy lately since I got a job. It's been a little hectic and tiring but I love it... sometimes. The next chapter will for sure be longer than this thought, so don't worry. Normally the chapters are about 1500 words.

This chapter needs a lot of editing, it's honestly not my best work. I'm sorry in advance for that.

Anyway, here's a brief summary of the book.

*Riley has someone find her father. Her mother had lied to her and said that he was dead. She met her father and he was relieved. Then she revealed that she has a son who will turn two soon. She discovered she had two twin half-brothers, Roman (Dodge) and Rowan (Cyber). She met Slash who doesn't like or trust her. Pyros doesn't trust her either but is somewhat civil as the book goes on.

There has been an attack on the club and they found out that some people were looking for a woman named 'Rogue'. The club is looking for her now to help her since she has helped so many people before.

She and her son were staying with her friend Harley when she moved to California. She and Collin recently moved into the clubhouse upon her father's insistence. He was worried for her safety because of the attacks on the club.

In the last chapter, she was up late and ran into Pyros. She offered to help him review the CCW form for the new prospects of the club as she's familiar with the forms. *

Now, onto the chapter. I hope you enjoy it. 😁

*Unedited*

I glared at the toddler from across my desk as he made a particularly loud sound as he played with his car. Riley had just left to speak to one of the prospects about some missing information on his form and decided it was a good idea to leave her child with me. I would love to know what gave her the impression that I know what to do with the child. The last time I was even near a kid was over ten years ago when my little sister was that age.

So far, he has been silent except for the occasional vroom or whatever but even I can see that he's getting bored. After a few minutes of reading through these forms, a car flew close to my head, nearly hitting me. It was just luck that I ducked on time.

I huffed an agitated breath and narrowed my eyes at the toddler. He had a guilty expression on his little face.

"Sorry," He mumbled, bowing his head and pouting.

I sighed and stood up, striding over to where he sat. I stayed a little distance away from him, crossing my arms. When he glanced up at me, I saw tears welling in his eyes. I cursed silently before crouching in front of him.

"I'm not mad," I said in the softest voice I could muster but it still sounded rough to my ears. "It's okay, just don't throw any objects."

He gave me a slight nod and pointed to the car he threw across the room. I realised what he wanted and got up to get the toy car.

"Sit," He demanded, patting the space beside him on the couch.

Seeing that I apparently had little choice in the matter, I did as he wanted and he picked up another car, pushing it back and forth. I guess I'm playing with toy cars now. What the fuck? I mimicked his actions and he started to giggle. I'm not sure what was funny but at least he wasn't crying.

Not long after, Collin yawned loudly and rubbed his eyes. He looked at me for a second before climbing onto my lap. I stared as he snuggled into my chest. What the fuck do I do now? He didn't seem to care that I was practically a stranger.