Chapter 8

Hiya! Amanda here! So sorry for the late update! I'm just really busy!!!

So I was wondering if u guys think I should change the cover. Let me know what you think and also it would be really nice if u guys could make a banner for me and send it to me. I will attach the ones I get(if I get). Oh! And my chapters might be short but please forgive me cuz I try really hard to make it long but I can't. I'm so sorry I will try my best!

Ok. A pic of a banner I made cuz I was bored.

Anyways enjoy!

Jake's P.O.V

I can't do this.
I'm not ready for this.

I let out a breath and close my eyes, clench my fists and say to myself,"I can do it!"

After college Chloe came to me and threatened me into asking Mila out on a date.

This is gonna be soooooooooo awkward.

I spotted Mila right away with Monique and she spotted me almost immediately. She smiled and waved and Monique next to her was doing hand gestures like, 'Do it' and 'I will kill you if you mess up'.

Okay. Let's do this.

I walked up to them and said, "Hi...uh...Mila, Mademoiselle Monique."

Mila just giggled and Monique gave her special death glare.

"Hi Jake. How are you?" Mila smiled and asked.

"Yeah I'm good" I simply answered.
"I just wanted to talk to you alone " I emphasized on alone and looked at Monique.

Monique nodded and said, "I'll just wait for you outside." And she left us.

Mila nodded and looked back up to me. "What did you want to talk about?"

I scratched the back of my neck,"Um... I just wanted to ask if you are free... maybe right now or in the evening. Or tomorrow's good too. So... what do you say?" I asked her.

She smiled brightly. "Are you asking me out on a date?"

"Well it can be a date if you want it to."

"Sure, a date sounds good. 5:30 pm is good?"

"Yeah. I'll pick you up at 5:30 then. See ya later."

Well that went well.

Amelia's P.O.V

Oh.my.gosh.

I'm so excited! A date with Jake.
I don't know whether it's a casual date or something fancy. So I'm just gonna go for something in between.

A dress?
No.
A top and some shorts?
No. Too casual.

Think, Amelia, think.

What's really annoying is that I have a huge wardrobe but I can't find anything good to wear.

I groan loudly and fall face down on my bed.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door and quickly sit up. "Come in"

My mom came in. "Hello darling. Sorry to disturb you but I heard groaning and a thump so I came. Is everything alright?"

"It's alright mum. I just can't find anything to wear. I need to look good. Help me?" I asked her.

"I don't really think I need to interfere bu-" I interrupted her with my puppy dog face.

"Please?"

My mom just sighed and said "alright"
"Yes!" I fist bumped the air.

"Okay lets see. How about... no....no.... too bright ... too tight... too pink...umm this skirt looks good. What do you think honey?" She kept talking to herself and looking at different clothes from my wardrobe and then showed me a black skirt with a few patterns on it.

I just shrugged.

"Yeah I think this will do." She said with a shrug. "Now for the top. Hmm.. let's see. No... no... too see through... too small..." she continued talking to herself and suddenly gasped."This is perfect with the skirt! Mila! What do you think?" She held up a white crop top and again I just shrugged but when she put both of them together I was on my feet.
"Oh my gosh! Mom! That's so good! Thank you" I ran and gave her a bear hug.

"Okay. I'm off now! Get ready quick 'cause you've got only half an hour to get ready." She said and left my room.

I quickly slipped out of the clothes I was wearing and put on my outfit.

I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded. I put on my make up and tied my hair in a ponytail.

Okay. I'm done.

I heard the doorbell ring. My heart started racing. Calm down Amelia! Gosh! Why am I so nervous?

I could hear my mom conversing with Jake.

I inhaled and exhaled. I can do this.
I exited my room and descended the flight of stairs. I seriously felt like I was in those type of movies where the girl is coming down the stairs and the boy is looking at her with awe and the parent just feels really proud. Yeah that's how I felt.

"Hi" I waved at Jake feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Hey" he waved back."Ready to go?" He asked

"Yeah." I say and before I leave I gave my mom a hug and she whispered something in my ear."Have fun. But don't get too ahead of yourselves."

I just rolled my eyes at her. "Bye mom!"

As I was closing the door, my mom winked at me.

That crazy woman.

Jake, being the handsome gentleman he is, opened the door for me and I thanked him and sat inside.

He entered the car and started driving.

"So... where are you taking me?" I asked.

"Um. I didn't have any good ideas and I can't really afford a fancy restaurant so I thought I'd take you to the amusement park. Is that okay with you..?" He replied.

"That's alright Jake. I think the amusement park is a great idea. I've never been so much. So thanks."

He smiled and nodded.

The ride from my house to the amusement park was about a 5-8 minute ride.

We reached and got out of the car and it was pretty hot. But it was bearable.

We entered through the gate and I was filled with excitement.

We got cotton candy and I have never loved anything more.

We played a few games and went on the rollercoaster and we screamed like crazy. Jake sounded like a girl when he screamed.

We got off and decided to go to the ferris wheel. We were just walking towards the ferris wheel when I felt like we were being followed. I felt it before but I shrugged it off but now it was felt more. I could see two peculiar faces looking at us. They saw me looking at them and immediately covered their faces. Okay.... weird.

So that kind of long-ish. Anyways thank u for reading. Bye. I'm so sleepy. Zzzzz....

- x_xAmandax_x 
Over and out.