Chapter 19

Hi. The first chapter hit 1k!!!! And we r so close to 6k guysss!!! Thankkk uuuu
----

Jake's P.O.V

I nearly choked on my saliva as I read the note. My mind went whirling in confusion. She's been kidnapped...

It took some time for me to register everything and I felt anger rise inside of me. I wanted to crush and throw away the note but I thought twice. The police would need it.

My chest was rising and falling as I was breathing heavily and I felt completely helpless.

I didn't want to tell her parents because the day has already been shitty and I didn't want to make them worse but as Amelia's parents they had a right to know.

I walked back weakly to the hospital and I didn't even realise it when I reached the room.

Amelia's mom who was holding her husbands hand tight, looked up in hope. But her hope got crushed when she took in my expression.

"Jake..." her mom started but she choked up.

"Here." I said and handed the note to them. Just lifting my arm felt like I was carrying an elephant on one arm.

The both of them slowly read the note and it took a while for the reaction.

Amelia's dad's heart rate was increasing and the beeping noises were going faster. Amelia's mom put a hand on her mouth and all the colour drained from her face and she looked pale.

"No...". She said barely audible.

Her dad was enraged and picked up the phone and called the police and blasted them for not finding Steve soon enough. They told him they were working on it and would be in the hospital in a bit.

We sat in silence, not knowing what to do, too numb to think. I couldn't handle the tension and silence in the room so I spoke first. "It's all my fault."
"No one's at fault here Jake. Maybe we should just give him the money." Amelia's mom spoke sadly.

Just then, the police barged in. "What's happened?" the officer asked.

"Well, when you excuses for policemen were searching the wrong places, my daughter got kidnapped." Amelia's dad said angrily.

"We apologise, sir. But we have been doing our best to find this man. Do you have any evidence?"

I handed him the note that was now crumpled into a ball. The officer opened it up and read it, taking it all in.

"He wants money." he said stating the obvious. Cue the eye-roll.

We all nodded. The officer sighed and spoke into his walkie-talkie thing. "George, I think we are going to need a bit more people on this case... Yes it got worse... Mmhmm... The daughter has been kidnapped... Right now. Thank you. Over."

He spoke more reassuring words to Mr. and Mrs. Johansson and left the room.

"I'm going." I said, standing up.

"Where? Son, if you think you can go alone, I'd say you're a goner." Amelia's mom said.

"If you go, I will have to go as well." this was her dad.

"Listen. I need to find her. Trust me. I will do my best. I don't know how I will do it, but I will. You need to take care of each other. Please."

They sighed and nodded quietly.

Amelia's mom took my hand and squeezed it. "Be careful." I nodded. Not knowing what else to say, I left.

I walked out of the hospital and didn't know where to start. It's not like I knew where Steve lived, so...

I aimlessly walked around and suddenly a thought barged it's way through my brain.

The park.

The odds of them being there were at least 50-50. There was a bit of hope that she was there.

Or maybe it's fake. Maybe he didn't kidnap her. Maybe.

I didn't want my hopes to rise too high so I quickened my pace. I reached the park and the all too familiar atmosphere put me at ease. It wasn't a big park, so I wouldn't have trouble looking around.

I started searching the most obvious places. Then the least likely places. But still I couldn't find her.

When I was almost giving up and regretted making my promise for just a second, I saw a figure from the corner of my eye. I whipped myself around and saw that it was girl. With blonde hair. Her back facing me and she walking away.

It had to be her. It had to be.

I jogged up to her, feeling a smile creep onto my face. Relief immediately swam over me and I was glad that she was, in fact, not kidnapped. My previous theory about it being fake could have been true.

Could have.

I stretched out my arm and gently tapped her shoulder. I could feel my spirits lifting up and I had a full-on grin attached to my face. Not for long.

She turned around and I felt my spirits dying and hopes crushed. My face fell and any feeling of relief jumped out the window and anxiety jumped back in.

The girl turned out to be someone else. She gave me a disgusted look and pushed my hand away swiftly.

"Creep!" she screamed in face and walked away.

Déja vu much?

***************************************

Im sooo happy right now like omg thank u guys so much for reading my shitty story and i have no idea what else to say other than THANK UUUU

Reason why im happy
5k
+
@German_Book has translated my book !!!!!!!! Anyway this would never happen if any of u reading didnt read my story and im rlly grateful.

And this chapter is rlly boring ik. Nxt will b a bit interesting. A little info : It's gonna be Amelia's P.O.V!!! Yayay so wait for that! I might update Breaking Free in a few days.

And just something i need u to know. I edited a bit of the first few chapters. I removed all the swearing and made them teenagers who go to school like other teenagers do. Although it's never mentioned anymore. -_-

*sigh* there will be heavy editing once im done with this story.

Thank u for reading!!!! Pls pls vote and do comment cozzz i lovvvee those. And share if u feel like it.

x_xAmandax_x
Over and out.