Chapter 11

Hello there my dear readers! I hope you are doing well as you're reading this. I just wanna say that even though you don't know who I am or can't hear me, I need to thank you all for reading my story, even though I take a long time to update. I'm forever grateful! :)

Anyways... Enjoy!!!!!

Amelia's P.O.V

This whole week I tried so hard to make Jake understand that I really wanted to kiss him but he just didn't get the message.

He either came up with excuses or Tim and Fred interrupted.

It was so frustrating. I mean, we're sort of going out now. So... aren't we supposed to? I think we should have kissed on the first date.

But I guess he's not ready to do anything with me. But, hey! I never said I wanted to open a baby factory. I don't think I'm ready for that. I don't think I'll ever be.

Anyways, I have another date with Jake. I think we are going for a movie. I'm not quite sure which one but he said we'd choose one when we get there.

I've decided to wear ripped blue jeans and a black t-shirt. I'm being simple as ever. I mean it's the movies, you wouldn't wear an evening gown, right? Right?

I'm not really sure 'cause I've been to the cinemas only twice. My dad gets the latest movies for me to watch it in DVD, so there was no need for the cinema.

People always thought that I was a spoiled brat. But, really, I'm not. It's not like I chose to be rich. I would be happy to be like everyone else. But I was born into a rich family. It's not my fault.

The doorbell broke my thoughts and I started hurrying.

I ran down the stairs and saw Jake in an informal attire. I sighed. So my choice was right.

I greeted him with a hug and we left for the cinema.

*At the Cinema*

We decided to watch a horror movie. Unlike other girls, I like horror movies. Weird? I don't think so.

We bought the popcorn and entered the screening room.

*After the movie*

Jake looked like he was gonna cry. I'm not even kidding.

He was never a fan of horror movies. When I selected the movie, he looked like he was gonna kill me. But being the gentleman he is, he went along with it for me.

The movie wasn't that scary. I mean that's my opinion. I was laughing my butt off.

Jake was trying to act cool, but failed.

"I'm sorry" I said.

"Why?" He asked, taken aback by my words.

"I... I shouldn't have taken that movie. I know you don't like horror movies but I was being really inconsiderate. I'm really sorry."

"It's alright. I need to stop being a wuss. And you wanted to watch it, so why not? In fact, I did ask you what you wanted to watch."

"Yeah I guess so" I smiled and thanked him.

"So. What's on your mind for dinner?" He smiled and asked me.

"Something simple please." I seriously don't want anything that will make me feel full.

"Penny's diner?"

"Okay."

We got into the car and sat in silence. It wasn't awkward but it was what we needed.

The feeling in my stomach was overwhelming. I didn't know what it was. It was a feeling of warmth.

This feeling was all new to me. Not even my ex, Steve, made me feel this way.

I felt a chill run up my spine.

The thought of my ex always ruined everything. The peace was no more present with me. I shuddered at the thought of him.

It's all in the past. It's all in the past. I thought to myself.

We reached Penny's Diner in less than 5 minutes. We got inside and sat down at a table.

That's when I saw him. He was entering the diner and I had no idea how to hide myself.

I quickly grabbed the menu and covered my face.

I kept peeking from time to time. He had sat down at a table in the corner. I didn't realize I was basically spacing out until Jake was calling out my name.

"Amelia!"

"Oh yes! That's me!" I said snapping out of it.

"You okay?" He chuckled.

"Yeah. I'm alright. And I'll have a club sandwich and water." I replied.

"Okay." He gave his and my order and the waitress wrote it down and said, "Your order will be ready in about 15-20 minutes. Thank you." And with that she left.

For the next 17 minutes we kept talking about random things. Finally our order was ready and Jake got up to get our meal.

I sat patiently at our table and was scrolling through my texts, when I heard someone taking their seat. Thinking it was Jake I looked up.

My stomach and my face fell.

Steve.

It wasn't Jake.

"Hi Amelia." Steve, my ex, said my name with such distaste.

I just nodded.

"How long has it been? 2 years? Am I right? Wow. Long time no see, eh?"

"What do you want, Steve?" I tried saying as fiercely as I could but it came out like a whisper.

"Oho! I'm glad you asked actually. Do you wanna guess?" He smirked evily.

I stayed quiet and that was answer enough.

He started laughing at me.

What's taking Jake so long?

"Okay... so back to the point. You-" he pointed at me, "- owe me 1, 000 dollars. And I'm not even joking."

His face suddenly darkened. "Don't think I have forgotten what happened. I swear -" he was interrupted by Jake.

"You swear what? You'll ruin her life? Dude, you already did that and I won't ever let you do that again. So piss off before I get pissed even more and punch you." He looked enraged.

Steve got up slowly not once looking away from me. He came closer to me and said softly, "We'll meet sooner than you think." And he left.

My head was spinning and I felt a lot of fear take over me.

Suddenly I felt Jake's hand gently holding mine. "Don't worry about it, okay?"

"Okay" I said.

-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

So... Mila has an ex... wow... that escalated quickly.

Anyways thank u guys so much!!! This story is gonna hit 3k pretty soon!! As I'm writing this it's 2.94k!!!! You guys r awesome! And I hope I didn't keep u waiting.
I have my French exam tomorrow, so u guys should thank me. :)
Also, pic of Chloe.

Please vote, comment and share!! Love Ya! ♡

x_xAmandax_x  
Over and out.