Chapter 22

I'm freeeee!!! And also thank u guys sooo much! We hit 11k!!!
I am beyond grateful for the all of u who read and support this shitty story. I really wanna be a better writer in every way and I promise I will edit all the errors after I'm done.

N in the gif, ignore Blair! 😅
Anyway here u go!!!!

*

Amelia's P.O.V

My jaw basically dropped to the floor. I jumped from my seat and ran to her and crushed Chloe with a hug. She was laughing both out of relief and because she was almost out of breath.

I don't remember how it happened but we suddenly a crying mess. We were both shaking and holding on to each other. As if our lives depended on it.

We pulled away and wiped our tears and giggled even though wasn't a situation to laugh at.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to compress my smile.

"I've come to rescue my best friend. Duh." she chuckled.

"How did you know I'd be here?" I asked her, suddenly really curious.

Her face dropped and she swallowed. She looked around and squeased her palms into fists.

"Long story." she replied, not looking at me.

"Well, I think we've got enough time. Or we can just leave now." I started for the door but she stopped me.

"No. Steve has got people watching the place. There's someone out this door too. I'm in here to look after you."

"So we can't leave?"

"Not now. We'll have to wait for the party. There's basically a party everyday here. These people are really wasted."

"How do you know all that?" I asked getting serious.

She sighed and gestured for me to sit on the bed. We both sat down and she started fiddling with her fingers.

"I knew Steve for a long time. Well, I knew him as Tom. It was the most mainstream name he could give himself-"

"Wait. What the hell are you talking about?" I interrupted.

"Don't be a dumb blonde and listen please." she gave me a blank look.

"Sorry."

"Okay. So I met Steve, "Tom", one day when I was probably 16 and I was just dumped by a douche. So he saw me sitting on a bench somewhere crying. He somehow convinced me to join his "family". But after I did so I immediately regretted it. It was horrible. They're drug dealers, Mila. I somehow tried my best to get the heck out if there but it wasn't without a scar or two so I didn't utter a word to anyone."

It was a lot to take in. I wasn't feeling betrayed. No, far from it. I pitied that she had to go through that.

"Can I see them?" I asked softly.

"What?"

"Your scars."

She looked down and looked pained.

"You know what, that's okay. You don't need to. I'm so sorry I asked." I said feeling stupid for asking. It probably brought back memories she didn't want to remember.

"No. It's alright." she said and slowly lifted the sleeve of her jumper. There was a long scar almost reaching from her elbow and ended mid way. I traced a finger on it.

"Did it hurt?" I asked stupidly.

"No. It was almost pleasurable!" she said sarcastically and raised an eyebrow.