Filler Chapter part 1

A/N:

Hi guys, sorry if I've been dead recently lol. I'm working on the next chapter for the fic, have this filler chapter while u guys wait. Thank youuuu :)

"Hey Y/N..." Collei asks

"What is it?" You hum.

"I've seen how devoted Master Tighnari as well others are to their studies. Cyno studies under the Academiya too right? How come he seems so free?" The girl wonders while tilting her head.

You let out a chuckle at that idea. Cyno was in fact anything but free, he was constantly busy. However no matter how busy, he always made sure to have time for you. 

"Why don't I tell you a story?" You offer to Collei. The girl nods eagerly as she waits for you to continue. 

...

Studying under the Academiya's name is something that's always made Cyno proud. However, as the months flew by you started noticing he was getting more and more invested into his studies. Or in other words, paying less attention to you. 

At first it was coming home an hour or two later because he had lost track of time in the library. Then it was asking you to buy groceries alone which was something you two have always done together. And most recently, he has gotten into the habit of doing his work during your meals together, which meant you two had practically no social time together. 

You understood his passion, you admired him for it. Although you weren't as invested in your studies you supported his want for knowledge. Though it leaves you a little sad knowing that you two aren't spending as much time as you used to. 

"Y/N can you do the grocery shopping for us this week? I have to finish this book by tonight." 

"Again?"

"Sorry, I just really need this finished" 

"Alright..."

"Cyno look! It's a full moon tonight isn't it beautiful?"

"Mhmmm..."

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Yea just one more page hold on."

"That's alright, you keep studying." 

Honestly, you were getting a little tired of being ignored but you didn't want to get in the way of Cyno's studying. Which is why you went to the rainforest alone today. 

Normally Cyno accompanies you to these places since you weren't as well versed with the plants and would probably eat a poisonous mushroom if it looked pretty enough. But this time he dismissed you before you even got to finish your sentence, which is why you find yourself wandering the rainforest by yourself. 

Even with your fighting abilities, hydro vision, and Kitsune abilities, you were still not immune to danger.

As you stumble around in the rainforest, you see a little bunny in the distance crying for help. Immediately nearing the poor creature, you notice it had gotten it's paw stuck around a vine. Gently removing the greens and freeing the creature, it quickly runs off as you let out a satisfied smile. 

However, you let your guard down in that brief moment and accidentally scratch your arm on one of the purple thorns in the rainforest. 

Cursing mentally at yourself, you stand up and hope for the best before continuing on your stroll. It's just a scratch it can't be that bad.

It was bad. 

After half an hour you notice your vision starts blurring, and your head is spinning. Looking down at your arm to re-examine the injury, you notice it turning purple. Yea that is not a good sign.

Looking at your surroundings for help but then realizing you recognize nothing, you feel the panic and adrenaline start kicking in. I'm screwed aren't I.

Knowing you might not stay conscious long, you use your hydro vision and send out a big splash of water, something Cyno told you to do whenever you were in trouble. Hopefully someone's nearby and will receive the signal. 

Soon enough, you hear a rustle in the forest which is followed by a pair of footsteps. Please let that be a forest ranger and not some vile creature. You close your eyes and pray knowing you had no energy to win a fight in your currently state.

Everyone was skeptical about the new apprentice's  statements, but Tighnari trusts his ears enough to know that someone was in trouble. A huge splash of water on dry land is certainly not a natural phenomenon, there must be something else going on. 

After getting permission from his mentor, he wasted no time heading to the source of that noise. Was someone fighting? Or injured?  

Your vision was getting blurrier by the second, and your legs were starting to give out. Leaning on a tree for support you could only hope for help to come rescue you. 

If this is how I die then it would be so pathetic. Ms.Yae would probably laugh at me and then haunt me dreams. Oh wait... isn't it suppose to be the other way around?

You try to fill your mind with delirious thoughts as you slowed your breathing and collapsed next to tree, leaning your head on the trunk to keep your body upright. The purple mark on your arm was spreading at an alarming rate. Not a great fashion statement to your dismay. 

However, you train of thoughts disappeared when a figure emerged from your right. Cyno? No. There was no way it could be Cyno. 

"Y/N?!, Y/N what are you doing here by yourself. Where's Cyno?" You hear a familiar voice say as a pair of hoisted you up. 

"Tighnari?" You ask, opening your eyes and seeing your friend's worried expression.

"I'll take you to camp right now and get your injuries treated, I'll send someone to tell Cyno too." The boy hastening says as he carries you to the direction of the camp. 

"No it's alright. Don't send anyone to Cyno." You protest with the little energy you had left. 

Tighnari slows his paste down a little and looks at you in shock. "No Cyno?"

"He's too busy studying right now. It's no big deal anyways. I heal faster than normal humans." You explain. 

"But-' Tighnari tries to argue but his words blur pass you as you slowly pass out in his arms. "Cyno, that idiot, I swear he's never going to hear the end from me about this one."

Fun facts: 

- Tighnari > Cyno in this chapter 

- Collei always listens to Y/N's stories no matter what it's about

A/N:

A little angst here ahahah... dw the next chapter will be better.  Enjoy the short stories for now yall~