Chapter 16

"In Sumeru, we have these mushrooms that wander around the rainforest." 

"Walking mushrooms?" 

"Yes they're the cutest!" 

Collei looks at you with doubt and confusion. Had you gone insane? 

The three were heading to Wanshun inn at the moment, staying there for the night so they can reach Sumeru by the end of tomorrow. Y/N chatted excitedly about Sumeru to Collei, who listened tentatively at the girl's weird remarks. 

Cyno trailed the two girls as he observed the surroundings. For some reason, Collei would tense up whenever he neared so he backed off to ease the tension. 

As shadows morphed into moonlight, the group finally reached the inn. Checking in with the receptionist who gave them two rooms. 

"You can have this one." Y/N says, offering Collei her own private room. "This way you can have some alone time." It was perfectly easy to tell Collei was not used to traveling with others, sleeping is a completely different story. The kitsune decided to save that ordeal and just give the girl her own room.

"Are you sure?" Collei asks, "you're okay with it?" 

"Of course I am," You reassured, "make sure you get a lot of rest so you have tones of energy tomorrow." You encourage, gently directing Collei to her room, handing her personal belongings to her before bidding her a goodnight. 

This whole time, Cyno hasn't said a single word to the two. His eyes on the moon as  two girls talked. Most would assume he didn't want to converse, choosing to enjoy the scenery instead, but the boy was using the moon to distract himself. Distract himself from staring too deeply at you, distract himself from grabbing your hand and pulling you close. 

"Cyno let's go." You urge, jingling the keys as you begin to walk towards your room. When you hear no response, you stop and turn to look at the boy. "Cyno?" 

The scholar slowly turns his head at you, oh how pretty you look in the moonlight. "Sorry," he mumbles, "I was just thinking of something.".

"Cyno thinking? Wow~" You tease, grabbing his hand as you skipped to your hotel room. "Didn't know you do that."

He rolls his eyes at your sarcasm, eyes on the fingers that intertwined with yours. The boy sighes as he followed you, if only you knew what you were doing to him. 

Wanshun inn has been extremely generous to the two of you tonight. Not only providing an amazing view but also lavish furniture and beautiful decorations. The highlight of the room though, was the full size bathtub, enough for at least three adults to lie down comfortably in. 

"Oh the view from here is even better than the one we stayed at last time." You comment, looking out the window as the cool night air makes your skin tingle. 

"It is pretty." Cyno agrees, setting down the luggage and taking out the things needed for tonight. "Do you want to take a bath first?" 

Your eyes lights up at the sound of a bath, after you had particularly squealed over the huge bath tub you were more than delighted to get into the water. 

"Let's take a bath together." You offer.

Cyno coughs in surprise as he looks up from the bag, whatever he was taking out falls out of his grip as he stares at you with his signature 'what-the-fuck expression'. 

"What?" You ask, tilting your head in confusion. "The bathtub's big enough for two. Plus we save water.".

"Absolutely not." Cyno rejects, shaking his head as he looks away from you. "You have a hydro vision, what part of saving water belongs in your dictionary."

You frown at him, looking a little disappointed as you begin to walk towards the room.

"Awww..." You whine, "but I wanted to have a water fight."

Eyebrows furrowing at your childish antics, Cyno grabs onto your shoulder and pushes you into the bathroom. "Do you offer to get naked with every guy you meet?" He questions sarcastically.

Looking at his agitated expression, you decide to dig your hole deeper as you reply with a snarky comment. "Huh? No. Just you.". 

You look at yourself in the mirror as Cyno stands behind you, still keeping his hands on your shoulder as he glares at your reflected self. 

"Is that so." he replies, keeping a straight face as he trails his hands onto your waist. Resting his head on your shoulder. "Then strip." he whispers in a low tone. Snaking both hands onto your hips as a smirk appears on his face. 

You face immediately turns pink and you jump at his comment. Turning around and facing him as you look at him with an angry expression. You're always caught off guard when his personality does a 180 switch on you. 

"What. Getting shy now?" Cyno continues, using his right hand to lift your chin up, making you look directly into his eyes. "Don't forget you were the one that suggested this."

"No-" You protest, feeling yourself shrink under his gaze. He inches his face closer to yours as your heart flips. Instincts taking over as you use your hydro vision to completely douse the two of you in water. 

Great... now you've done it. 

You mentally cry to yourself as you sit in front of a pile of damp clothes. Cyno instructed you to dry all the clothes manually or he'd stop cooking breakfast for a week. 

You sit on the floor fanning the clothes with a stupid piece of paper, mentally making up a sob story as Cyno peacefully reads a book on the bed. 

After 10 more minutes of doing so, you finally decided you can't take anymore. "Cynoooo, I thought you loveeedddd me." You whine, setting down the piece of paper as you look at him with hopeful eyes. 

Cyno pays you no mind as he continues reading his book. Or that's what it looked like to you. In reality his mind was a mess. How do you throw around the word love so easily?

"Cynooo~" You whine again, trying to get his attention like a deflated puppy. 

No response again.

You resort to poking his leg with your finger, annoying him until he has no choice but to give you some form of attention.

Finally, The scholar looks up from his book at furrows his eyebrows at you before giving up. He pats the empty spot next to him, your face quickly lights up as you make your way over. Lying down next to Cyno as he continues through his book. 

You give him a grin as you put your head on his shoulder, giving him a sweet smile that he ignores for the sake of his sanity. 

Soon enough, you fall asleep beside the boy. Snoring softly as your fingers subconsciously steal the blanket.

 Sighing to himself, Cyno gently puts his book down and turns the lights off. "Goodnight Y/N." he whispers. Wrapping an arm around your back as he adjusts his position.

I love you. 

Fun facts:

- Cyno switched Y/N's shampoo with his so that she'll smell like him 

- Collei doesn't trust Cyno cause she catches Cyno staring at Y/N a lot, she thinks he's being creepy.