Filler Chapter Part 2

"Y/N can you pass me a cup of water?" Cyno asks.

"Y/N?" 

Taking his eyes off the book after your lack of response, the boy realize that you weren't home. She must've gone out. 

Getting up from his chair and pouring himself a cup of water, he looks out the window before pausing for a while. It was already dark out? How come you weren't home yet?

Not having a good feeling about this Cyno tries to think back to your earlier conversation that day. 

"Cyno I'm going to the rainforest for a walk." 

"Alright be careful."

"Don't overwork yourself."

The rainforest? Since when did he ever let you go to the rainforest by yourself? Had he been that engrossed in his study that he didn't even pay attention to what you were saying?

Looking at the dark sky, your lack of presence, and your earlier statement, he immediately connected the dots. 

Oh shit.

Not wasting a second more, he dashes outside and makes his way to the rainforest. She'll be alright, she's stronger than a normal person. He tries to comfort himself. I really screwed up this time didn't I. 

Sitting on the edge of the balcony and reading a book, Tighnari's peaceful state was interrupted by his friend barging into the forest watcher's camp. 

"Tighnari have you seen-" Cyno began.

"Y/N?" Tighnari says, finish his sentence for him.

"Yes have you seen her, she hasn't been back yet and she's usually never out this late." 

It's weird seeing his friend so worried and emotional, but Tighnari allows it to continue since Cyno needed a lesson anyways. "Yea I've seen Y/N."

"Where is she?" 

"Sleeping on my bed."

"Excuse me?"

"Y/N got injured while walking through the rainforest today. I found her on the verge of passing out and brought her back to camp to treat her injuries. She's resting in my bed because we don't have any spare rooms right now." 

"How come you didn't send anyone to get me?" Cyno says with irritation in his voice. 

"Because," Tighnari begins, clearing his throat and making the best Y/N impression he could manage. "'I don't want Cyno to worry about me, he says he needs to have an assignment finished by tonight and I don't want to be a burden. I'll be fine just give me a few hours.'"

"She said that?" A shocked voice responds.

"Mhmm." Tighnari nods, whipping out an encyclopedia from behind him and hitting Cyno  with it. 

"She would never be a burden to me." Cyno said cooly, glaring at Tighnari as if it was the poor fox's fault. 

Tighnari sighs and puts his hands up in the air. "Don't look at me you big idiot, it's not like this is my fault."

The two stare at each other in silence, remaining eye contact as neither one wanted to give the other the satisfaction of winning. Finally, Cyno sighs and puts his head down. 

"Alright alright I get it. Can you just let me in to see Y/N now? Please?"

"Fine, since you asked so nicely." Tighnari says, not letting his eye roll go unnoticed, "don't be too loud though the others are sleeping." 

Cyno doesn't reply as he struts past Tighnari, the wind following his footsteps as the sounds of stomping can be heard from across the forest.

"So much for not being loud." Tighnari mutters. 

Cyno barges into Y/N's (technically Tighnari's) room. It was great timing since the kitsune was just waking up from her slumber. 

Y/N was stretching her arms when Cyno came into the room. Immediately. The scholar was all over her. 

"Did you seriously think I would choose an assignment over you?" Cyno asks, perhaps a little angrier than he intended. "Don't you know how worried I've been."

Silence pursues as Y/N keeps her eyes glued to the bed, refusing to make eye contact. 

"You know better than to go to the forest all by yourself, you should've at least been more careful. Did you not think about the consequences when you left?"

Y/N only looked at him with sad eyes as she shook her head. Realizing his tone was probably uncalled for and he had no right to be angry right now, the boy calmed himself down.

"I'm sorry." Cyno whispers, leaning his head on Y/N's shoulder as she pulled him into a hug. "I didn't realize I was ignoring-" 

The kitsune still refuses to speak to Cyno, opting to look out the window into the night sky instead. 

Cyno tries to keep a cool head, but internally he's panicking. "Y/N?" 

"..."

"Y/N I'm sorry alright?" Cyno says while resting his chin on Y/N's head. "It won't happen again I promise."

"..."

"Please if you don't believe me I'll-"

"It's alright Cye, I know." Y/N cuts him off. "It's kind of funny seeing you studying in your pyjamas every morning." The kitsune jokes.

Voice laced with regret, Cyno tries to apologize once more "But still-" 

"If you really want to make it up to me, you can start by letting me braid your hair." 

"Fine."

Fun Facts: 

- Tighnari was ready to barge into the room with a spray bottle and a taser if Y/N needed him to (he's a good friend)

- Cyno ended becoming Y/N's personal hair model 

- Collei screamed when she saw Cyno the next day with two braided pigtails (she still believes it was a nightmare)

A/N:

Hey guys sorry I've been dead LOL. I know I was suppose to post during my break but I ended up having to study for a bunch of extra curricular things. Thanks for understanding I probably won't update for a while. Hopefully I'll be back by March but until then enjoy this chapter. 

Love you all so much <3