Chapter 21

Cyno felt surreal when he work up the next morning.

His limbs were still heavy and his hair was a mess but his eyes were crystal clear. This was different. Even though you've fallen asleep in his alarms for years now, this time it felt different. Like he was holding something that was truly his. 

Finally.

You wake up to a gentle kiss on your forehead. And then another on your cheek. And another on the other cheek. 

"Cyno?" You murmur. Rubbing your eyes as your boyfriend slowly came into sight. 

"Good morning." He chuckles, "about time you woke up." 

Before you can reply, you're peppered with more kisses. One here one there. It's almost as if Cyno's been waiting for this moment for a while now. 

He has.

"Hey stop that." You protest, trying to wiggle your way deeper into the blanket. "It tickles."

Cyno watches as you snuggle back into the blanket. You grab the hem of the fabric and brings it over your face so it covers your entire body.

The boy turns his head in confusion. 

Perhaps he should take a few days off from the Academiya to spend some time with you. Or perhaps he should just bring you wherever he went...

"Boo!" You interrupt his thoughts, popping out of the blanket with a big grin. 

Cyno looks at you with even more confusion. 

"Did I scare ya?" You laugh, giggling to yourself as you beam at your accomplishment. 

The scholar sighs before placing an arm around you, pulling you up so you would lie on his chest instead. "Sure you did." He says while squeezing both your cheeks with his hand. 

Cyno gives you a quick peck on the side of your lips as you look at him with a pout. 

"You missed." 

Silence.

"I thought we were... erm... taking it slow." Cyno replies, pausing here and there in his sentence as if he was too shy to say anything. You want to laugh in his face. 

"Do you want to take it slow?" You ask, raising an eyebrow as you stare into his eyes. 

Cyno replies by slithering his hands onto your waist. Giving them a small squeeze as his forehead touches yours. 

"I want to do so much to you I don't think I can wait." 

You furrow your eyebrows in anger as you quickly slip out of bed. "No more kisses for you, horny asshole!" and with that, you run away to the bathroom. 

The boy bursts out laughing as he watches you run. "I love

You."

You look at yourself in the mirror as the wave of reality hits you. You were in a relationship now. Suddenly your reflection isn't very interesting as your mind runs through what that meant for your future. 

How would your dynamic with Cyno change?

You begin to mentally run through what couples usually do. Hold hands, cuddle, care for each other- oh wait. You've already been doing that with Cyno. 

Hold on. 

Did labeling yourselves as a couple even change anything? 

No. 

No it hasn't.

Breakfast is ready by the time you're out of the bathroom. The smell of your favourite foods cannot be rivalled by anything. 

Besides Cyno but that's not the point. 

"Thank you for the food." You sing as you begin to dig in. A smile hanging at the edge of your lips as you enjoy the meal. 

Cyno wishes he could marry you already. 

What kind of ring would you prefer? Gold or silver? Both? What do ladies like again? Was it diamonds? Whatever made you happy. He'd probably have to purchase a bigger house too so you'd have more room to live in. Should he leave the wedding planning to you? That might be too much work though. Would your kids look more like him or you? Oh gosh he hopes he'd have a little girl. One or two identical to you. Maybe three. Oh but to have children he'd have to-

"Hello? Earth to Cyno?" You flick his forehead, knocking him out of his train of thoughts as you tilt your head in confusion. "What's going on in that head of yours?" 

Cyno gulps, looking at you and then quickly looking back down at his food. "Nothing." He says defensively.

"Are you sure-"

"Yes." 

"If you say so." You shrug, returning back to your delicious plate of food. 

Walking through the market is always fun, the thought of people being people made you very happy. It's always so lively. 

You wave at the old women from across the street as you skip through the shops. Stopping at your favourite one. The flower shop. 

This one was your absolute favourite. Not even you knew why. Though they are a bit pricier than the other flora shops at Sumeru, so you usually just drop by to admire them as Cyno does his shopping. 

Cyno's footsteps halts as he sees you distracted by the flowers. He has noticed this shop before but never payed it much mind. 

Your fingertips graze the edge of a flower, smiling at the bouquet as you examine each pedal individually. 

You flip the price tag over and laughs before running back to Cyno. No need for flowers you can just grow your own. 

The boy looks at you with a raised eyebrow. 

"No it's okay. I usually just look at them." You answer. "The price tag is a little too ridiculous anyways."

Cyno stops and examines you. This won't do. There's no way his girl can be stopped by a silly little price tag. He doesn't say anything as he makes his way to the shop, dragging you with him as you let out a yelp in surprise. 

He gazes down at the price tag you had flipped over earlier. 5000 per flower? 20-35 flowers in a bouquet? Cheap. 

Cyno beckons the shop vendor over. Looking the man up and down before taking out a huge sac of mora. "One of every kind." He says, waving his hand at the entire shop before placing the bag of money onto the table.

"And wrap them up nicely."

Fun facts:

- Read the italics again

- The shop offered over 200 different flower bouquets. calculation wise, Cyno spent 270,000,00 on flowers alone that day.

A/N:

School is starting to pick up so there might not be updates on the main story for a few weeks. I have a couple filler chapters I made during summer break that should replace the weeks when I don't post for the main storyline. 

Take care of yourselves :)