Chapter 12

To say you were excited when you arrived at Mondstadt would be an understatement. You were absolutely bubbling in anticipation. 

Cyno had to keep an eye on you constantly to make sure you didn't wander off too far, and it was a full time job trying to keep a low profile. 

It took half an hour to get to the Favonius library when it should've taken 10 minutes at most. You kept getting distracted on your way there and the boy had to drag you by the ear to keep you moving. 

Once you finally arrived, you're greeted by rows and rows of books. Measly in comparison to Sumeru's library but it was still a sigh to behold. You shake you head back and fourth excitedly as Cyno tries to find the so called "Lisa". 

"Oh there you are cuties, I've been expecting you." A mature women's voice calls out, drawing your attention. You turn your head to see a woman sitting on at one of the library tables, she smiled gently at you and gestured at the table.

"Are you Lisa?" Cyno asks curtly, straight to the point as always.

"Why yes that's me, and I take it you two are the scholars I asked for?" Somehow this woman reminded you of Yae, the way she presented herself bares an uncanny resemblance.

Cyno gestures you over as you both take a seat across from her. The boy makes eye contact with you, a signal for you to start talking. 

"Ah yes, we received your letter about helping a girl with archon residue? I'm Y/N and this is Cyno." You introduce as you smile back.

"Well nice to meet you darlings, you can just call me Lisa. I'll make us some tea while I explain the situation. It's delightful to have the two of you here, please make yourselves comfortable."

"Thank you Ms.Lisa!" You reply happily as she starts pouring you and Cyno tea. 

The three of you talk over tea as Lisa explain the situation to you two. You nod and ask questions while Cyno simply listens, stirring his tea occasionally. After understanding the gist of it, you thank the woman and begin discussing arrangements with Cyno. 

"The girl should come visit the library in the afternoon, I've asked one of our knights, Amber, to accompany her. You guys can exchange greetings then." Lisa informs the two of you.

"Sounds good, thanks for explaining the situation to us." You express.

"Of course cutie, it's only natural since I was the one that asked for your help." Lisa chuckles. "I have a meeting to attend to now so I'll get going, please come find me if you need anything else. 

You wave goodbye to the woman as she leaves, Lisa flashes you a warm smile before exciting the library and you return the gesture. 

It was mid afternoon when two girls wandered into the library. The older one looked around as if she was searching for something as the younger one followed closely behind. 

"I wouldn't touch that if I were you." Cyno says coldly to the brunette girl.

Amber and Collei both jump in alarm as they turn to look at the new voice in the room. Their eyes land on a white haired boy who looks around 17, a mountain of books is on his right while a stack of papers is on his left.

"Who are you?" Amber asks in slight suspicion, shielding Collei in a defensive position.

"Relax. I was sent from the Academiya to fix whatever," Cyno looks Collei up and down. "this is."

Silence falls between them as Collei glare at Cyno in suspicion. Sensing the tension in the air, Amber tries her best to lift the mood.

"Oh so your were to help us! That's great!" The brunette replies with optimism, "Do you hear that Collei, he'll help us!"

"Sure..." Collei says, still a little skeptical about the white hair boy. He seems oddly intimidating for a scholar.

Thankfully, you barge into the room holding a pile of books. "Cyno I found the books I was looking for." you sing as she sets the books down next to the boy. The stack was so tall it covered your eyes so you didn't spot Amber and Collei until you set the books down.

"Oh who's this?" you ask, walking up to Amber and Collei.

"That's the person we were sent here to help." Cyno replies, gesturing at the green haired girl who glares back at the boy.

You quickly introduces herself with a bright smile, easing the tension in the room immediately, Amber sighs in relief at the presence of a friendlier person. "I'm Y/N and this is Cyno. I study about archon history and Cyno studies ancient ruins and texts, don't worry about anything you're in good hands."

"Thank you so much Y/N!" Amber expresses her gratitude, "You've gotta let me take you out for lunch sometime, I'll show you around Mondstadt!"

"That sounds like fun count me in." The kitsune returns the energy.

The two converse as Cyno and Collei stares each other down. The two girls, oblivious of what's happening behind them as they talk about foods and flowers.  

"Alright then we'll get going now then, it was nice meeting you." Amber says, waving a goodbye at Y/N and giving an awkward please-don't-kill-me nod to Cyno.

"See you around Amber and Collei." You sing as you watch the library door close. 

Cyno pulls out the chair besides him as you sit down on it, sighing in relief as the two girls finally leave.

"They seem so sweet, don't you think so?"

"I just want to get back to studying." Cyno says with an unamused expression.

"Aww was that too much social interactions for you cutie?" You teases, trying to mimic Lisa's way of speech.

"No darling." Cyno smirk, leaning towards you before his expression does a complete 180. "now get back to your studying." The boy says seriously.

"WOAH, do not flirt back that was terrifying." Y/N yelps as she takes a book and hides her face in it.

Cyno lets out a small chuckle before continuing his own book. Though his mind isn't as calm as his face. Why did I do that? 

Fun facts:

- Y/N is horrified of the day when Cyno learns what pickup lines are

- Cyno's first thought when he saw Collei was "broccoli"