Chapter 17

You wake up face first in Cyno's chest. 

Not the most ideal situation to be in. 

As you try your best to wiggle out of the predicament, Cyno grabs your waist and pulls you even closer. You freeze in alarm, tensing up your shoulders as he mumbles something incoherently.

 At least that means he's still asleep...

Knowing that waking him up would be worst than dying of poor blood circulation, you give up  escaping from his grasp, accepting your fate in Cyno's arms as your eyes slowly start to wander around. 

The first thing you notice are his abs. To be fair it's the only thing you can see given your position. The lightbulb that went off in your head should probably be unplugged, but Cyno isn't awake to stop you. Using your pointer finger, you slowly start tracing shapes on his skin; a heart here and there, a hydro slime, a sweet flower, a hilichurl...

"What are you doing?" A voice interrupts, you slowly turn tilt your head up to see a sleepy Cyno looking at you with a raised eyebrow. Hair messy and eyes still not fully open. 

"You wouldn't let go of me and I was bored." You justify, paying him no attention as you return to your imaginary drawings. 

Cyno's breath hitches as you continue with your endeavours, your obliviousness was laughable. He's suffering and you don't even know it. 

"I'm not a canvas." He complains, grabbing your wrist and stopping your movements. 

You meet his gaze with a disappointed pout, it seems no one has an eye for imaginary art these days. "You try waking up face first in my chest and see how you like that!" You huff.

The boy looks at you as he considers your statement, still gripping onto your wrist as he jokes back. "I wouldn't mind."

Blood rush to your cheeks as you connected the dots to the previous statements. You're left speechless by his comment and you can only imagine how your face looks right now. Cyno took this chance to edge his face closer to yours, inching towards your chest in a teasing manner as you try to think of a comeback.

"What are you doing-" You stutter, trying to back away only to realize you've hit a wall. 

"Broadening my perspective as I experience your 'daily troubles'."

You let out a pathetic "huh?" as you feel yourself press against the wall. In flustered panic, you do the first thing your brain tells you to; kneeing him in the stomach.

Ah shit...

"Don't look at me you started it!" 

"You were the one that kneed me in the stomach."

"Oh fuck you, you only have yourself to blame."

"I didn't even do anything."

The bickering continued for another 10 minutes, you trying to swing more hits at Cyno while he effectively dodged or blocked them all. Thankfully the knock at the door saved everyone from a world war. 

"Excuse me Y/N." Collei asks from behind the door. "Are you alright? I heard you yelling, is everything okay?" 

You look at Cyno and he looks back at you. He smirks while you give him a 'this isn't over' expression as you reply back. "Oh yes everything's fine. Thank you for your concern Collei but it's nothing to worry about." 

There's a pause before you hear her voice again. "Alright...tell me if you need anything" Collei responds, backing away from the door and heading off back to her room.

The two of you listen as her footsteps fade away, slowly returning your gaze to Cyno as he does the same to you. Thanks to Collei's brief interruption, your head is now clear enough to assess your current position. 

Because of the argument, you were now sitting on top of Cyno, straddling him as he lays on the mattress. His naked top and your oversized t-shirt slowly slipping off your shoulders was probably not a very good look to outsiders. You send a prayer of thanks to the archons, thankfully Collei did not open the door.

"Why do you always end up on top of me?" Cyno asks, breaking the silence as you awkwardly laugh at the comment.

You give a shrug as a reply, turning into your kitsune form as you jump off the bed. It was easier as a fox, at least then he can't see your face burning up.

Waving at the boy with your tail, you make a show of jumping onto his cloak and rolling around in it. 

He might've won the argument but he certainly lost the war.

"Uhm Y/N. What's your relationship with Cyno?" Collei asks nervously, eyeing the scholar behind you cautiously as give her a surprised look.

The three of you were about 2 hours away from the rainforest and had decided to take a short break. You sit next to Collei under a tree, teaching her how to make flower crowns as Cyno keeps a lookout from the top of the tree.

"You want to know my relationship with Cyno?" You repeat, tilting your head as you slowly pick up another flower.

Collei nods her head shyly, "You two seem very close so I was curious-" She looks up at Cyno anxiously afraid that he heard her, but the boy appeared to take no notice in her questions. 

"What is my relationship with Cyno?" You wonder, furrowing your eyebrows as you thought about Collei's question. "I guess we're really really good friends." you answer with a smile, yea, that's what you guys were. 

"Really? Just friends?" 

"Mhmm." you confirm, nodding along in confusion.

"I swear you were something more..." Collei murmurs before looking  up at you with another glint in her eyes, a sign of another question. "Lisa told me that when two people share a bed together, it's a sign that they're married. Y/N if you're not married then why are you sleeping with Cyno?"

It was a completely innocent question from Collei's point of view, but the wording behind it had so many other layers that Y/N was rendered speechless. 

"No Cyno and I are childhood friends, we've been living together for as long as I can remember." You quickly explain, shaking your hands in denial at the girl's earlier claim.

"Oh I see." Collei concludes, looking back down at the flower crown she was working on. "Then Y/N you must have someone else who's your boyfriend! You're so pretty and nice how can you not?" 

You laugh at the girl's determination, thanking her for the compliments. You fetch another flower from the ground as you finish another flower crown, looking at it with satisfaction as you place it on your head. 

"No I'm not involved in any romantic relationships right now, never really occurred to me." You deny, "Why so curious?"

Collei places her clumsily woven flower crown on her head to mimic your movements, grazing her fingers on the flora as she answers. "I guess I'm just a curious person."

"I see."

Fun facts:

-  Cyno doesn't let you climb trees because he's afraid you'll get injured again

- The bed creaking while you and Cyno were fighting made Xiao very concerned (he was on the roof top) 

A/N:

Do we want a confession soon or should we slow burn a little longer? 

I'm kinda stuck right now since I'm waiting for the 3.1 story line to come out before I write more on like young adult Y/N and Cyno. And I don't wanna write smut for they're both 17+. Ahahahaha sorry Cyno...