Chapter 20

"Don't go." Cyno whispers, looking at you desperately. He grabs onto your hand and pulls you into a hug, burying his face into your shoulder as he clings onto you tightly.  

"Don't leave me." He murmurs, wrapping his arms around you as if you'd disappear at any moment. You stay silent, running your hands through his hair as he holds you dearly. As if you would slip away from his grasp at any time. 

"You don't need to go back right?" Cyno asks, looking at you with sad eyes, he looks scared, something you never ever saw on him. You try to open your mouth to speak, but Cyno cuts you off. He's afraid that you'll leave. That if you open your mouth you'd confirm his worth fears. So he doesn't let you, he buries himself in denial as he talks over you. 

"Stay here with me, you don't need to go back. I don't know what I would do without you." 

"Cyno-" 

"If you go I'm scared you won't come back." He tells you, gripping onto your clothes as you feel his hands shaking next to you. "I'm terrified Y/N, what if you leave me?" 

You want to say something, you want to tell him you would never ever leave him. That you'd stay by his side for the rest of eternity but you can't, your body doesn't move as Cyno continues to speak over you. 

"Stay with me. I'll give you the best life, I'll take care of you I promise." Cyno frantically says, heart pounding as words tumble him. "You don't need to work, you don't need to do anything. You can stay at home, or do whatever you want. Y/N-" 

Silly Cyno

You knew you were going to reject Miko's request as soon as the question slipped out of her mouth. Though it hadn't occurred to you that Cyno was eavesdropping. Your home was here in Sumeru, with him.

"I wont leave." 

This time it was your turn to cut him off. Cyno looks at you with surprise. You can see the shock laced in his expression but you can also see the relief pouring into his eyes. He finally lets go of a breath he didn't know he was holding. 

"You... won't?" The question sounded almost forced, as if he wanted to confirm it but was too scared he had misheard it.

"I would never leave you." You chuckle.

"I love you Cyno." You whisper, reassuring him as you place both hands on his cheeks, holding his face gently as you give him a soft smile. "I'm not going to leave you"

He pauses, looking at you with wide eyes. Cyno wanted to punch himself right there and then. Throw himself over a bridge and jump off a cliff. Anything to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Three words, it took you three words to render him speechless, something no one else was ever capable of. 

"I love you." You repeat, this time more confident as you stare at his beautiful eyes. "You can't make me leave, even if you try throwing me out kicking and screaming." 

Your thumbs find their way to the corner of his eyes, there were small tears laced around the corner. Cyno didn't realize he was crying, letting you remove his tears as he tries processing your words. You weren't going to leave him? You loved him?

You let out a small laugh as you give kiss him on his cheek, doing the same on the other side as Cyno sits frozen in shock.

You feel Cyno collapse onto your body,  toppling the two of you over as your back lands on the soft mattress. 

"You scared me so much." He whispers into your ear, frowning in anger. 

"That can go onto my list of accomplishments then." You joke, breaking out a smile as you pat his back. 

"It's not funny." He huffs, I genuinely thought you were going back to Inazuma." 

"You think one ugly ass dude would convince me to leave you? Such little faith." 

You roll your eyes as you deny his stupid thoughts. This was one of the top scholars in the Academiya?

"I guess it doesn't matter anymore." Cyno concludes, lifting himself up with his arms as he looks at you "you're mine now and that's all that matters."

"I was yours from the very beginning." You reply, jabbing him in the stomach as he falls onto your body. 

You giggle as he gives you an unimpressed look, laughing hysterically as he stares at you. 

"Whatever." He says, looking away to hide the blush on his face.

"It's late now go to bed." Cyno removes himself from you and settles beside you on the bed. Grabbing the blanket and tossing it over the two of you.

Rolling your eyes at his attempt to switch the topic, leaning your head on his shoulder as you give him an innocent smile. "Aren't you going to say goodnight to your girlfriend first?" 

The moon shines beautifully on your face, the way you smile at him has his heart exploding all over again. Nothing can be more perfect. He sees his reflection in your eyes, and he's sure you can see yourself in his. 

It takes a while for Cyno to process it, this utterly beautiful, ethereal, mesmerizing girl is all his. His girl, his lover, his forever.  Not being able to hide the faint smile he leans down and kisses your lips. 

"Good night Y/N." He whispers, wrapping his arms around you, letting his chin settle on your head as you curl up next to him. "I love you~"

"I love you too Cyno." 

And those were the best words he's ever heard. 

Fun facts:

- Cyno always make sure you're covered with a blanket before he sleeps. (The last thing he wants it for you to catch a cold).

- At one point in your life you thought Cyno was a vampire. No further elaborations.

Author's Note:

How we feeling? Ready for the relationship fluff?