011.8

Chapter 12:

「To You, Someday Part 2」

"That's why you'll die" Mahito finished as he sent his other arm which was growing in size towards the female. He knew that they can hinder on his actions so he has to make sure that they get busy with some other things.

'Idle tra-?!' The arm that was sent had long exploded with the use of strings with a mix of fire. The hand that was placed on Junpei's shoulder was also pushed but ended in contact with the girl.

'Idle Transfiguration! Perhaps this works too!'

A stinging pain was what the female felt on her whole arm which feels like it was spreading to her whole body yet her physical appearance remained the same. Thankfully.

"Oh she didn't transform? Shame. How about we try again?" Mahito started walking towards the girl who previously stepped away from the curse, clutching their arm that had the faintest color of blue that slowly started to deepen.

Junpei stood still in shock while Yuji ran towards the girl, noticing the color difference of their arm.

"Sukuna! A little help, please heal them like what you did with my heart!"

"No, I refuse" The King of curses replied as he manifested himself on the teen's cheek.

Mahito, who is watching the show while laughing yet died as a look of shock replaced.

The female was struggling a bit, leaning by the wall, they didn't know what effects could be inflicted on her and that it could cause such pain, it was a different pain, it feels like piercing ones body, they were just thankful that her form remained the same. Their ears are ringing... those sounds is annoying. Ah perhaps this is new knowledge? Curse techniques seems to have a different effect on them.

'Good. He has completely forgot about that pact. But that curse, that curse should be tortured and killed for harming or even laying its hands on my bride...' Sukuna thought.

"How amusing! You'd offer up your bride, your future, your everything, to rely on me... and you can't save anything!"

'He refused the pact? The shape of one's soul isn't something that reversed cursed techniques could deal with... perhaps healing others is beyond his capability?' Mahito thought.

"Pathetic! You couldn't be more pathetic, brat!"

"Though, what I'm after is what comes next, so I guess this is fine." The two curses started to laugh.

Junpei was beyond terrified. Was all this his fault?

'Oh, that's right. At the end of the day, these two are both curses.' Yuji thought glancing at the girl who now sat on the floor.

"Oh? Can't fight anymore? I suppose it didn't matter if they don't change their shape, they still won't be able to fight." Mahito stated, laughing at the female's current state but was cut short as Yuji sent a punch strong enough to send him flying up the stairs.

'That was an unusual blow. Interesting!'

"Too bad, though. That won't work. So long as I maintain the shape of my-" He stopped himself from talking when he felt blood ooze from his nose. 'What's going on?! He struck the shape of my soul as well? That's right! Itadori Yuji's a vessel. His body constantly houses another soul in addition to his own. So naturally...' Wiping off the blood on his nose, he continued. "You're aware... of the outline of your soul?"

'The next words that spilled from my lips came from so deep within my gut that is nearly made all the things I've said feel like a lie.'

"I will kill you!"

"Don't you mean you'll 'exorcise' me, jujutsu sorcerer?" The curse mockingly said with a sickening and taunting grin.

'Itadori Yuji isn't concerned with his own life. Geto forbade me from forcing him into an external pact using hostages. So if he can't kill a foe he hates so much that he longs to kill them, he'll probably turn to Sukuna. If harming L/n is not enough, I'd just need to transform every student, one by one, before his eyes. That would lead Itadori Yuji to negotiate and forge a pact with Sukuna while he's full of hatred for self-interest. If that also improved the chances of Sukuna joining our side, all the better. It's a shame that it looks like L/n won't survive... Though, all of that presumes that I'm stronger than him. So why did he have to be my natural enemy?'

Yuji let out a battle cry (yell) as he threw a punch containing cursed energy, but Mahito dodged it, his arms turning into wings, using this to fly up the staircase, using this leverage to dodge the sorcerer's punches. Yet the sorcerer did not stop throwing punches.

Once they were upstairs, were Mahito is only a few feet away from him. 'He keeps changing his damn shape so much! Would it be better to stop thinking of combos that starts with holds and throws?' Yuji thought.

As the fight continued on between the young sorcerer and curse, downstairs, Junpei was keeping check on Y/n if they were breathing. He was unsure of what to do as he is not even familiar with the cursed technique used on the girl. A loud noise was heard... The side of the building have been destroyed.

The girl stirred awake, the pain stopped spreading through her whole body and merely stopped by on the touched arm.

"Y-y/n! Thank goodness you're still alive. I'm- I'm sorry! This is all my fault. If I- If I didn't-" He was stopped as the girl, who now sat up, shushed him with their pointer finger. Junpei's view trailed down to their arm, the blue hue was no longer their yet their arm looked pale along with small white dots.

"I-it's alright.. I'm fine." The female tried to move their arm a bit, testing the waters, but winced as the pain was still there.

'Yuji!!' Y/n frantically looked around. Junpei noticed the girl's stressed state, seeming to understand.

"Yuji and Mahito fought upstairs but I did heard some crashing that sounds like it came from the side of this building." The female quickly stood up followed by Junpei.

"Wait! You're injured, it's best if you don't fight." Y/n quickly shook her head

"You stay."

nah cuz this was supposed to be published yesterday