𝙩𝙚𝙣. to fight and protect

Kamo was caught off guard, he did not expect it at all for her to fight back, let alone create a domain.

'I underestimated her'

They were now inside and although the domain wasn't actually completed yet, (because she's still working on it) it was enough for her to enclose light and utilize it to attack. The moment light entered the prism, it gave off all the colors of the rainbow; it was a spectrum. Kamo was blinded by this and wasn't able to use his blood manipulation immediately, Y/N was able to control the light as it suddenly became blade-like.

'A laser? No it's just—' Kamo suddenly coughed blood. It all happened too fast, the rays of light which passed by him were enough to cut his flesh, multiple cuts on his body were visible, he dropped on the ground, blood trickling down his body, it could have been an advantage for him if he wasn't badly injured like this, the girl stomped her right foot over his chest and even trapped him with the blade-like spectrum. She bent down and stared at him with the coldest gaze she could muster and pointed a katana on his neck.

"Now tell me why you are after my life"

Kamo was starstruck, he was out of words. What they said about her, being weak and only following what the elders and the higher ups wanted...this isn't what they said she is at all!

'I thought we were the same, turns out...'

He was about to speak when a sudden explosion occurred outside the domain. Her domain suddenly disappeared even without her making it disappear, suddenly they were covered with a veil. Y/N got distracted, so was Kamo, but a monstrous figure with one arm appeared and jumped over them, running towards the west.

'West...Inumaki senpai and...Megumi!'

She suddenly remembered who was stationed at the west part of the forest, Nishimiya flew by above them and saw the two.

"An unknown special grade curse appeared! And it's set to kill Fushiguro—Kamo?!" she was shocked when she saw her classmate in such a bad state. Upon hearing it, Y/N already pivoted her heels to the said direction but stopped in her tracks when Nishimiya called her.

"Wait! You utilize reverse cursed technique, right? Can you heal Kamo?"

Y/N scoffed. "Why would I heal someone who tried to kill me?"

"Huh?" Nishimiya was confused, why would her classmate kill a junior from Tokyo? 

No one here knows what was Kamo ordered to do, not his classmates, not the teachers and not even the principals. 

"Y/N! Megumi is—" Maki also came and saw the three, the tension between them was so thick, she clicked her tongue in annoyance. 

"What the heck is happening here?! Never mind that, we need to fight that curse off, all of us! A veil was casted and the teachers are still not here, everyone should be able to fight"

"Exactly! So please, heal Kamo" Nishimiya pleaded. Y/N hesitated, but eventually decided to heal him. They were right, they need more manpower and Kamo's technique is strong, if that was indeed a special grade, then they need more sorcerers, she had to set aside their conflict for the sake of the others and the school.

Kamo got confused when she agreed and healed him. He was so sure she will leave him there, after all he wanted to kill her.

"T-thank you"

Y/N didn't even spare him a glance. "I will go first" she said and dashed away, Maki following her.

"Let's go Kamo" Nishimiya said.

When they arrived, Megumi was fighting off the curse, Inumaki was already injured. Maki ran towards him and aided him in the fight, Maki's playful cloud weapon landed a hit making the curse fly away but it was still unfazed. Both Y/N and Kamo brought out their arrows and fired at the same time, she side-eyed him for a second before aiming once again at the curse.

The curse's attention went to them and recognized the female, Y/N once again fired an arrow, this time, partnered with lightning. She in fact—can manipulate light, so she managed to create lightning this time. As soon as it struck the curse, it stumbled for a while due to the shock, Megumi's Nue followed and also gave it an electric shock.

This made the curse angrier that it struck the two of them with its technique.

Just then Megumi and Y/N both crouched down, buds of monstrous plants were forming in their chest.

"My strike was aimed at your hearts, you shouldn't use cursed techniques anymore, the bud embedded in you loves cursed energy, the more you use techniques, the deeper its roots will extend to your body"

"Fuck this!" Y/N cursed under hear breath, she couldn't activate her reverse cursed technique.

"Y/N!" Megumi called for her, they weren't so far away from each other.

"Megumi, do not use your cursed technique or you will die! I can't use my reverse cursed technique!" the curse laughed as it caught Maki and Nishimiya from above making it difficult for Kamo to aim since it was using them as shield.

"It has poison, Gojo Y/N" it said in a matter of fact tone.

It was common knowledge that reverse cursed technique users' weakness is poison, but to think this curse knows that Y/N was a reverse cursed technique user, it means it's not working alone, it must have intel from someone. And to also poison Megumi...

'If this curse is after Megumi, then— !"

Suddenly she saw the curse aim once again for Megumi and she did not know why but her feet automatically went to his direction taking the blow, her body flew and landed on a huge tree, her head hit on a rock and lost consciousness.

"Y/N!" Megumi screamed and stumbled on his feet to run towards her, cursing himself as he was the one supposed to be in her situation now.

'I choose who I want to protect and this person is the one I chose to protect, yet...fuck this bud, I'll exorcise it even if—" he was decided, even if the growing bud in his chest hurts so much when he's using his technique, he was ready to give his all.

"Megumi! Stop!" Maki shouted, which stopped his train of thoughts. "Our job here is done", he got confused why she said it. 

It was just then Itadori, Panda, Aoi arrived to the scene with a grand entrance from above, making the water in the river splash.

Itadori pat his shoulder.

"We'll handle this" he said and assured the shikigami user. He looked at him surprised, but slowly nodded.

Panda picked Inumaki and Megumi up and also went to pick Y/N.

"Panda senpai, Y/N is—"

"I'll get you three to Shoko-san as soon as possible don't worry, Fushiguro"

━━━━━━━━━━━

On the other side of Tokyo...

"Are you sure this will work?" the man eyed at the liquid inside the bottle.

"Of course, I was the one to put a curse so I would also have the antidote, I'm pretty sure Hanami will do the job well"

"If this doesn't work and if you fail again, just know you're one step away from getting executed, Geto" the man threatened.

"Of course, you can trust me" he grinned.

━━━━━━━━━━━

note: we're near the end i guess? few more chapters...maybe five? not yet sure but i'm impatient lmao so i want to write the ending already but i'm so lazy to write sometimes, pick a struggle      (* ̄▽ ̄)b