𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. to admire the moon

"Megumi, can we talk?"

Y/N was in front of Megumi's door once again, it was already 7pm, the boy nodded despite not having a clue on what she would like to talk with him.

'She could not have possibly heard our conversation or my monologues when she was unconscious, no way'. No way or else he's dead. Her, knowing he started to catch feelings? That's the least he would want to be confronted now.

'When it comes to that, I need to find my timing, and today is not the day'

"...gumi? Megumi? Are you okay?"

Megumi snapped back to reality when she waved her hand in front of his face.

"Oh, yeah, just remembered something, what were you talking about?"

"I was asking, if you had a clue on who is targeting you"

Megumi went silent for a while, this question has been lingering in his mind ever since the first attack, but he just always gets frustrated when he can't come up with an answer. He sighed, "No, not a single clue, I don't have bad blood with anyone, maybe those who I beat up in middle school, but I doubt that, not a single one of them has cursed energy, let alone a curse" Satoru did mention Naoya, but he chose not to mention him because Y/N has just recovered and he didn't want her to get more stressed out. 

Y/N hummed. "Is it weird if I say maybe you are being attacked because of me?"

"Huh? Isn't it the other way around?" Megumi said. "Which reminds me, I haven't even apologized to you. It should have been me who was cursed, not you. Did you know how guilty and devastated I was when I thought you'd never wake up" the frustration in his voice was evident. Y/N looked at him and felt a tug in her heart.

"Megumi" she faintly smiled, "it was my own choice to protect you"

He was stunned at her words, it was just the same as his before. Questions then filled his mind, did she heard him before? Does she know? But what he managed to say was just:

"Why?"

"I don't know, you're a pretty important person to me, my body just unconsciously moved on its own."

"I don't need to be protected"

"I know, that's why I said it was my own choice"

And then there was silence, only the cold breeze passing by them. Y/N looked up at the moon, it was bright. 

"I will not thank you, because had you not recovered, I would have never forgiven myself, I don't know what would I have done"

Y/N shook her head, it is very Megumi to say that. But she asked;

"Why?" 

Megumi sweatdropped, he didn't know if he should tell her the reason why, just earlier he said this is not the right timing.

"Anyway Yuta-san is investigating on my case, I feel sorry for him, he had just got home and then Satoru gives him another tedious task, he does not rest" she leaned on the railings.

Megumi let out a breath of relief, it was luck that Y/N abruptly diverted the topic without getting his answer.

"Man's too good to be true, I haven't even talked to him when I woke up and now he's gone again"

"You're close with him?"

"I guess, he has been nothing but kind to me ever since" she smiled. "He's like the only relative ever aside from Satoru that's concerned about me, he was actually the one who taught me how to use a sword"