𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣. to stand up for herself

To say she was nervous was an understatement, this is the first time Y/N will go home after almost a year of going to Jujutsu High. And to top it all, Satoru wasn't with her. She was abruptly sent an urgent letter to go home by her father and she can't help but think it is bad news.

She was scared, but she didn't show it, not to her friends and especially not to Megumi who just sent her off the train station. Maki and Inumaki had a lot more of idea on clan matters so they too, couldn't help but worry at the sudden need of her presence in the Gojo estate.

And their worries were all correct.

Slap! The sound of slap resonated among the halls of the Gojo family estate the moment Y/N stepped in to greet her parents.

She was too stunned to even look up at her father.

"You have been such a disappointment ever since you started going to Tokyo" he spoke. Y/N flinched, it has been a while since she heard that chilling voice.

'I was too blinded with the fake peace in school' she thought, 'My life has never been peaceful the moment I was brought to this world, my friends are only temporary relief'

"You are in a relationship with Fushiguro Megumi, an illegitimate child of the Zen'in clan. Have you gone crazy?!"

Now this really made her eyes widen in shock. How did they know?

Slap! Another one. And this time, her father yanked her arm, his grip was too strong that it made her wince in pain.

"Answer me!" And another slap, then she was pushed on the ground. It was too strong that it was sure to leave bruises on her body.

"F-father I'm—" she was about to say sorry, but then the words that came out from the mouth of his father suddenly made her mood shift from being scared to being furious.

"Good thing Naoya left a small cursed corpse to spy on you, if not then we would all have been fooled!"

Something in her snapped. The years of accumulated anger in her was finally full and overflowing. For years she has tolerated every single abuse her father has done and she has been doing everything they all wanted, but now...

Now she clearly knows her value, she only ever felt like human and treated like an equal ever since she started studying in Jujutsu High, she haven't just said it out loud but she has always felt safe and important around her new found friends.

"You...you believe the words of a mere stranger than your own daughter?" she spat those words as if it was poison.

"Naoya is no stranger, he's going to be your future husband. And now you're talking back, huh?!" he was about to land another hit on her but she made use of the light and made it as her shield.

"What—why can't I..." He was shocked that his child could do this.

'When did she—'

"Surprised? Ah that's right, you only ever trusted that jerk's words and you have never ever heard something good of me from him."

"Ha! Now you 've changed, your friends especially that half Zen'in has corrupted you—"

"Yuji!" she shouted and stood up with her back straight and a fierce look in her eyes. "Nobara, Maki, Yuta, Toge, Panda senpai" she continued mentioning names.

"...have always never failed to make me happy with their presence, they treated me as an equal and not some high-status daughter of the Gojo clan, they treated me as their friend, as a human and not as a tool"

"And Megumi... especially him. He made me feel what it's like to be loved, to be accepted, to be myself, he's my safe haven, my first ever friend, my best friend, my family, my home...no one has ever made me feel that way but him. So don't you dare badmouth him, not in front of me, father"