𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. to realize

Three days passed since the exchange event and they have all decided to just cancel it, Satoru managed to exorcise the curse but no information was gotten out from it. Megumi only woke up today and learned that Y/N was still unconscious, so he rushed to her room despite Itadori and Kugisaki telling him to rest for a while.

Upon reaching her room, Satoru was there with the person Y/N hates the most, Naoya. This made his mood turn bad.

"Megumi, you're up" Satoru went to him and checked him. "Why are you up already?"

"What, you want me unconscious for the rest of my life?"

"No, that's not what I meant!" Satoru gasped. This kid is in a very bad mood and him speaking more won't help.

"Huh, why are you here?" Megumi suddenly turned to Naoya, the man only smirked.

"Why? Can't I visit my future wife? I was sent here to check on her" he proudly said. "What are you even doing here?" he added.

"Why? Can't I see my childhood friend?" Megumi talked back and they had a glaring contest.

"I suggest you not starting a fight here" Satoru's tone went serious. "Or else I will drive you all out. Y/N hasn't been in a good condition and you two creating a commotion will not help"

Megumi was the first one to look away. His gaze softened and his heart dropped as he sees Y/N with a pained face despite her not being awake.

"Tsk" Naoya clicked his tongue in annoyance and walked out of the room. He cannot stand to see the face of Fushiguro Megumi. He hated it. The door was slammed as he went out.

"That kid—" Satoru sighed, he's just another pain in the ass. He shook his head and turned to Megumi.

"Y/N's injuries are already healed, the bud was taken out and her body was already detoxed. But she still won't wake up, Shoko said she was cursed and is in a constant nightmare, sometimes she talks and flinches but could not wake up...it's honestly so painful for me to watch" Satoru sighed once again and looked at his cousin. Megumi was dumbfounded, what the hell happened?

"Naoya promised that he will be the one to bring the antidote for her to wake up, but I'm not trusting that jerk" Satoru continued. "It's just a hunch for now but I think he is the one targeting you Megumi and even dragged Y/N now"

Megumi clenched his fists, if what he said is true, then "Why? What did I do to him for him to get rid of me?"

Everyone hates to admit it but Gojo Satoru's intuitions are always 99% right, if he says it will happen, it will most likely happen, and what he's currently thinking may shock and even put more burden to Megumi so he chose not to reveal everything to him now.

"Maybe you are a threat to him" he said, this just made the boy more confused.

"Huh?"

"Megumi, you do realize that you possess the ten shadows technique, right?"

"And? What about it?"

"That alone is a threat" he said, not explaining further. "I have to go, I need to take care of some things, look out for Y/N, okay?" Satoru stood up and walked to the door.

"Wait, sensei! Explain—" but Satoru already closed it.

"Tsk" Megumi clicked his tongue, his gaze once again fell on his childhood friend, he went near her bed and sat on the chair.

"Y/N...I'm sorry, please wake up" he held her hands, guilt creeping up to him. He's not one to blame himself for anything, but right now he felt different.

"I should be the one in your place" he sighed in frustration.

And just like that, time passed by quickly once again.

"Megumi, you should rest already" Maki kicked the poor boy's leg, it has been three whole weeks since the event and Y/N is still not waking up, everyday he would visit her and talk even if he receives no response, today was their free day and he had never left her side. He wanted to find that antidote Satoru was talking about but he doesn't even know where to start finding it.

"I'm fine" he said.

"If this isn't love I swear Fushiguro I'm beating you up" Kugisaki crossed her arms. Megumi only deadpanned.

"I'm not sure what you're talking about"

It was now their turn to deadpan. Itadori pulled his hair out of frustration. "Stop denying it dude! You're impossible!" he exclaimed but Megumi only furrowed his eyebrows more.

"Why do you think you're never leaving her side since she hasn't woken up?"

"It's...because I feel guilty" he said.

"Wrong!" Kugisaki snapped. "Yeah okay maybe you do actually feel a little guilty, but is that it?"

"They're right, Megumi, you should be honest with yourself" Maki sat across them amd crossed her legs.

"You should see the way you look at her, Fushiguro" Kugisaki slumped. "Even Inumaki senpai can tell"

"Gojo sensei even knows" Itadori added.

Megumi paused and tried to think. 'Is that what it's called? This weird feeling I've always felt whenever I look at her?'

"You're now thinking" Maki let out a satisfied smirk. "Good"

"If I do love her...I don't know, what is love anyway?" he responded.

"Literally what you're doing right now" Kugisaki pointed at his hand that was holding on to the unconscious girl's own. He looked at it and gave a more confused look.

"Fushiguro Megumi I didn't know you are dumber than me!" Itadori sighed and went explaining things to him, Kugisaki nor Maki did not have the patience to explain, only Itadori. He couldn't believe this guy is so oblivious. After everything Itadori has said, Megumi only managed to say:

"Oh" Letting every single thought he had sink in.

"Oh..." he muttered once again.

"Oh? OH?!!! That's all you have to say?! You hmpphmmfhm" Kugisaki was now really making a fuss but Maki covered her mouth.

"You realize now?" Maki huffed.

"Yeah..." he spoke in a low tone then looked at Y/N's lying figure once more.

"But—" he looked at all of them. "She's engaged"

"And?? You both could find ways for that!" Kugisaki said in a loud voice, pushing Maki's hands away.

"Still, she doesn't have the same feelings as me" now this made them all groan in unison.

"Itadori, stop me, stop meee!" Kugisaki was really holding her patience, she wanted to punch Megumi in the face. "This isn't like you! For someone who's pretty smart, you're pretty dumb! Have you not seen the way she acts around you? You're literally the only one she trusts! You're literally the one she cares for the most—ah, ah this is so frustrating, both of you! Oi! Y/N wake up already!"

"Oi, stop creating a ruckus" Maki spoke in a stern voice, she saw Y/N flinch.

"When will you—" the door to Y/N's room suddenly swung open for it to reveal Satoru and two other persons.

"Huh? Who—"

"Oh no" the black-haired man immediately rushed near Y/N's body and took a closer look. "Y/N..."

The girl's body was already starting to have black markings.

Satoru leaned on the doorframe and crossed his arms. "This is why I need both of you to investigate on this matter...Yuta"

━━━━━━━━━━━

note: you don't know how happy i am that someone reads this :> thank you so much for those who vote 🫶