Part 15: Devils Don't Play Nice

( ^ get ready~ #19 is where I plan to end 'le buuke, but, idk, more content may pop up and prolong it a little more. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯)

(You might have noticed I have added a "Fun Facts About Human Anatomy" segment under nearly every chapter. No, I am not insane...just well informed.)

(Sorry for the long pause, guys. I had to scrap half the chap and rewrite it. :/ ...As well as a bunch of 2nd job drama, but we won't get into that.)

-

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"HELLO?! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME!? THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE OUT THERE!!!" You shouted out the metallic, locked door. Already, you had gaged yourself to the point of vomiting up the key. Though sadly, that key was meant for nothing but the handcuffs... "HEROBRINE, LET ME OUT!"

"NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU!!" One of the men behind you called. Then, his voice trailed and cracked.. "No-o one can hear you at a-ll..." You stomped back down the flight of stairs and plopped onto the last one. Your legs hugged closely to your chest as you huffed. At least...it was nice being in your original body again...for real. You glared at the pile of men for no reason. They all stared back, unblinking and terrified.

Sighing, "I get it. I look like the one who trapped you all here in the first place! But I'm not her-- him!"

"Yeah, yeah. Repeating the same thing won't do anything but prove your insanity!" The outspoken, beefiest of the bunch; dark tan man with a simple tank-top, sweats, and short black hair, barked from behind a couple others.

"But it's TRUE!! Herobrine can swap minds with anyone by-- He stole my body and used it to nab all of YOU!!"

"Oh please!" The same man rolled his dark eyes. "You really trying to convince us it was Herobrine who shoved his hands down our pants before taking us in?!"

Hugging your knees a little closer to you, a dreaded blush grew onto your face slowly. "Well, I mean... I sure as H### don't remember doing that!.. Why?!"

"Something about a 'selection process'." Another, smaller, paler blond man wearing a pink, flowery blouse used his hands to gesture-in the quotes. He scoffed afterward, pulling the collar of his fancy button-up to hide the lower half of his face as he slunk further against the wall. Your legs twitched involuntarily in reaction to the rather naughty assumptions filling your mind.

A quiet minute or two passed.

"...So what are your guys' names? Ehehh..." It had been a while and you were curious about the men Herobrine would have deemed "worthy for you."

"Classified." The largest one answered immediately. You didn't quite know why, but you assumed it was something about the man's velvety, deep voice which Herobrine liked about him.

"...My name's Trevor..." Mr. Pink shirt mumbled. "I know.. Really bland."

"Hmh, nawwh, I don't think so!" Though you meant well...he clearly took it the wrong way. Trevor fell further to his his side, pushing his body away from you as far as he could into the body of a shorter man, whose long ginger hair wrapped in a pony-tail, was nearly crushed.

"Dude!.." The ginger griped, shoving the blonde back. Realizing he had spoken, his green eyes flung your way, helplessly stammering out, "I- I- I'm Alex." You just nodded a response, realizing anything more might be taken as hostile by these guys.

After no one else cared to share, you began to squint about the darkened blob, trying to count all the heads intermixed. "How many...of you guys are there..?"