Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Andre and Mrs. Durand set a date at the full moon.

"Then, I'll visit you when the time comes."

He put on his top hat, picked up his cane and got up to leave.

Mrs. Durand also got up to see him off, "Tomorrow afternoon, there will be a new opera on the stage. I heard that it is very exciting, it has won applause from all the audience in Italian and German opera houses."

She showed a more mysterious smile," I've heard that the Duke of Normandy will also be at the Grand Opera to accompany Mademoiselle Isabel-good news for all the unmarried ladies and unmarried gentlemen in Paris."

Andre's expression remained unchanged.

"Oh, yes? It's a pity I don't have time tomorrow afternoon."

"What if it's a sincere invitation from this lady?"

No gentleman would try to refuse a sincere invitation from a lady, so Andre could only agree.

"But I may not have time to buy a ticket."

"You just have to be there on time, stand by my side and smile. I'm sure all the ladies will be jealous of me by then-maybe also gentlemen."

Andre smiled helplessly and said to Madame Durand, "I really can't refuse the invitation of a lovely lady. I promise to be there on time, dear lady."

He laughed, how charming.

Mrs. Durand felt like Andre was ardently in love with some lady, even though she knew it was Andre's gentle and common social etiquette.

What a pity, he is so charming.

....

Andre bought a bunch of flowers from the floris and entered the carriage under the blush's gaze of the florist.

The carriage took him to the mansion of Mrs. Durand, who was already ready, dressed in the fashionable velvet dress. She has a Kashmiri shawl worth four or five thousand francs draped over her shoulders.

Andrei kissed Mrs. Durand's fingertips, said hello to her, and gave her the flowers.

They got into the Karasch carriage she had rented and it dashed towards the Champs-Élysées Opera House.

The gates of the Champs-Élysées were surrounded by many carriages, it was clear that the opera this afternoon was indeed very popular.

After all, most people's carriages are rented. As long as its people are sent to the place, the carriage will naturally be sent back to the store.

So what's causing the current blockage?

Andre was a little curious, he craned his neck and looked forward. However, he could only see a path that had been opened up - finally, he understood.

The road was blocked mainly because the middle road was not allowed to open to traffic and was cleared, perhaps to greet someone big shot.

Soon, the excited whispers of the ladies who were also waiting next to him told him the answer.

Yes, indeed a big shot.

The Duke of Normandy and Miss Isabelle are coming to the Grand Opera- Oh, to be precise, Miss Isabelle is one of the important guests of the Grand Opera.

She often bought the entire Grand Opera House and she was very generous. She was a noble lady of noble birth, well-bred and educated.

Miss Isabelle is the only sister of the Duke of Normandy.