Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Andre is getting more and more lethargic.

He spends almost the whole day in a coma but no one can see his problem.

The result of the doctor's diagnosis was that he proposed to put a leech on his forehead to suck blood,  then cut his wrist for a little blood.

Not to mention that the Duke disagreed, even Andre himself got up from the bed, grabbed the shoes on the edge of the bed and faced him.

"A bunch of goddamn butchers!"

Who doesn't hate doctors?¹

They are butchers in human skins, inventing all kinds of torture as a means of treating the sick.

Andrei had heard what his friends described to him about the methods of treating patients from eastern countries.

He especially hated these nasty doctors who proposed bloodletting and drilled holes in the forehead.

Andre hugged the soft pillow, turned his back to His Excellency the Duke and refused his approach.

The Duke has now completed his transformation into a man, a standard high-society aristocrat in gentleman's clothing and single-rimmed glasses.

Isabelle is gone, she is gone and dead.

Andre's heart was also broken. Even in the case of increasingly frequent lethargy, he still did not forget to write a poem in memory of Isabelle.

The grief of losing Isabelle gave him an explosion of inspiration and he quickly completed half of the work he had written before.

"I don't want to see you, sir."

His Excellency the Duke sat beside the bed, unable to coax Andre to regain some vitality.

No matter if it was threats or nice words, Andre was just incapable of getting in, except for necessary communication.
A
He turned his face and didn't pay attention to anyone after he fell asleep.

He hugged him tightly when he wanted to, weeping in a low voice with tears in his eyes.

Turned over the quilt and covered his head when he was done, became impatient when he said a word more and fell asleep quickly.

His Excellency the Duke also wanted to frighten Andre and punish him, but Andre's temper turned bad.

His face turned cold and before the Duke of Normandy launched his attack, Andre scolded him bitterly.

He was originally a well-known emerging writer in the Parisian literary circle and was famous for his sharp and spicy style.

As soon as he spoke, he caught iron nails and almost didn't pierce anyone.

Andre was as steady as the Duke of Normandy, he once angrily slammed the door and left.

The cute appearance of being infatuated with enthusiasm when she saw Isabelle has disappeared with Isabelle's death.

The current indifference in his aura make His Excellency the Duke very unaccustomed.

"Isabelle is just the heroine in your fantasy, the feelings you have for her are only empathy."

Andrei sat up suddenly, staring at His Excellency the Duke with red eyes and a little inarticulate.

"You can't slandering my feelings for Isabelle!"

The Duke of Normandy said with a cold face, "She is me."

"No, you're not her!"

The Duke of Normandy suddenly sank his face, stood up, and looked down at Andre.