Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Mrs. Durand would come to Andre every two days.

Sometimes she would come by herself in a carriage, sometimes she would hire a newspaper boy, or simply ask the manservant to come over.

Every time she came, she brought a small bottle of scarlet liquid, which did not taste very good.

However, Mrs. Durand insisted that Andre drink it.

Andre didn't like it and refused several times but Mrs. Durand said that it was an essential step in participating in the magic ceremony.

Andre had no choice but to drink the glass of scarlet liquid. After finding that it was harmless to the body, he no longer resisted.

The taste is not good but after drinking it a few times, it gradually become acceptable.

There was a real heroine image in his heart and inspiration was like a spring.

Andrei quickly completed the opening part of the manuscript, the description of the devil will be involved later.

He went to church to read the Bible and confessed to the priest but he still couldn't find the feeling. He had to give up and retouch the part that was already written.

Andre had not seen Isabelle since his last visit at Mrs. Lange Elliott's house.

The Duke's Palace is inaccessible, there are no novel and interesting shows in the major opera houses in Paris recently.

Every morning, Andre spends two francs on a large bouquet of flowers and hires a newspaper boy to deliver the flowers to the ducal palace for him.

Fortunately, Miss Isabelle did not refuse the flowers and the letterhead on the flowers- it was a love letter that Andre wrote every night before going to bed by the light.

One a day, eleven love letters have been sent out but Miss Isabelle has not responded.

Andre is worried about gains and losses.

He used to be confident but now he is afraid and feeling inferior.

He put down his posture in front of Miss Isabelle, as low as the dust, like any man in the world who fell in love, pitifully and affectionately begging for a glance from his beloved.

Even if it was just an inadvertent glance, it was his sweetest dream.

He wrote his mood into his letters, from the anticipation, excitement, and enthusiasm at the beginning, to the restlessness, hesitation, and nervousness at the back.

All of it, which were shown in front of the Duke of Normandy through letters.

The beloved duke went from being careless to looking forward to the arrival of new letterheads every day but he never seen Andrei.

He stood on a high place, whether it was a disparate status in reality or a status in love, he was aloof. He can easily choose to want it or not.

He's in charge, his nasty and indifferent personality makes the decision to keep teasing new suitors.

Andrei put the new day's letter into the flowers, handed the flowers and coins to the newspaper boy, and asked him to send them to the Duke's Palace.

On the way back, he turned in a different direction and went to visit Mrs. Durand.

Last time Mrs. Durand mentioned that the magic ceremony was on the night of the full moon. Today and tomorrow are exactly the night of the full moon.

Mrs. Durand learned of his intention and apologized to him, "I'm sorry, Andre. I repeatedly asked to state your sincerity and they finally agreed, but it had to be next time."