Chapter 21

Chapter 21

When Andre met Mrs. Durand again, he was returning from Bordeaux to Paris.

The little devil was very active, jumping mischievously, opened the window, and almost fell.

Andre was so frightened that he gasped, but fortunately, the Duke of Normandy quickly grabbed the little devil by the collar and threw him back.

Andrei breathed a sigh of relief and when he was about to close the window, he suddenly caught a glimpse of an old woman with a very familiar face in the dark alley.

After looking carefully for a while, Andre recognized her as Mrs. Durand, who had been missing for a long time.

That dark alley is a famous street.

At the entrance of the alley, there are often bare-breasted women who can be happy with just one or two raw dice.

He didn't expect that arrogant Mrs. Durand would become a warbler, but Andre had no sympathy at her.

Although Andre has a good heart, he is not someone who is willing to forgive someone who wanted to kill him.

What's more, Mrs. Durand once killed so many innocent girls just for money and a luxurious life.

The Duke of Normandy hugged him from behind, then closed the window and the dark alley, the warblers, and Madame Durand were left far behind by the carriage.

Unexpectedly, they will never meet again in the rest of their lives.

"Why didn't you kill her in the first place?"

Everyone was killed except Mrs. Durand.

The Duke replied casually, "A person's sins should not be remedied by death. She should live to make atonement in this world."

Distress, sickness, insults...the accumulated guilt should be repaid by living.

At the beginning, she sacrificed the life of an innocent girl to the devil in exchange for a comfortable and rich life, so she should return it now.

Andre was a little surprised by the concept of atonement of the devil beside him, which seemed to be fairer than the law to a certain extent.

It was an accident to meet Mrs. Durand.

In fact, Andrei had long forgotten her.

....

Recently, Andrei had a heart trouble - "Why am I getting fat again?"

His face was rounded and there was a lot of flesh on his stomach. He had to wear very wide clothes to hide the obvious fat.

The Duke of Normandy frowned, looked down at Andre's stomach and said vaguely, "Maybe... you ate too much."

The little devil heard it and suddenly laughed loudly.

Andre was at a loss, "What are you laughing at, Louis?"

The little devil who hated the name Louis stopped laughing. He explained gloomily, "I'm just happy to finally be home."

Hearing this, Andre also laughed, "I'm also very happy.

Andre's belly is getting bigger and it will move sometimes, just like when there was a little devil back then.

Because of one experience, Andrei was very calm this time.

He was not scared to cry and he was not depressed that he couldn't eat - so this time he was fatter than last time.

Of course fat is not the point, the point is why the devil always likes to possess him?

Andre said solemnly, "This is an issue that needs to be taken seriously! I don't like being possessed by devils and it will bring me at least ten months of trouble. Your Excellency Duke, please help me convey a message."

"...Okay."

He didn't expect that those potions would actually work and it seemed that he had to study how to suppress the effects of those potions.

"I promise, there will be no devils possessing you next time."

"Okay, I believe in you."

So the Duke of Normandy went to study the ancient magic formula. With the appearance of the little devil, it can be said that his mentality is very stable.

So much so that during childbirth, Andrei gave birth to two girls, Alice and Isabelle, without much torment.

Andre insists on naming one of the girls Isabelle because he thinks girls with that name must be very pretty.

But for the duke, this is a proof that Andre still has an obsession with Isabelle.

Andre felt that the Duke was unreasonable. On the hand, the Duke felt that Andre loved another woman.

As a result, they started a five-day cold war.

The reason why the time was too short was because the Duke accidentally told the truth that Andre was pregnant and not possessed by a devil.

Andre was deeply affected.

The Duke knew he was wrong and worried, so the cold war ended early.

Andre took a relatively long time to accept the fact that the little devil and the other little devils were born to him and gradually felt that it was good.

It was his child and maybe there would be grandchildren in the future.

After a hundred years, I will not be alone.

~~~~

Edited: 8/20/22