⊹ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

00 - if it isn't love

YOU WINCED AS YOUR HAIR GOT pulled by your mamma to make the hairstyle she was doing as tight as possible. "Ow, be careful," you mumble under your breath. She tugged at your hair again, this time on purpose. You could already feel the headache coming on.

"What was that?" she asks and you look up at her through the mirror, "Do you want to be late to the dinner being thrown at your own house?" she asks since you are the only one still hurrying to get ready, it's not your fault that you napped longer than expected.

You held her eyes in the mirror, no warmness was found, just cold and emotionless. Sad really.

"No mamma... I don't. I'll finish in less than five minutes and be down there." you look at the dress she had the maids laid out while she was giving you another speech about doing things in a timely matter. You've heard it about a hundred times since you liked to take your time, there was no rush.

Your mamma had finished the touches and a small smile was now on her lips, only for a split second since she paid doctors to get rid of her wrinkles. "Five minutes," she repeats before leaving your room, finally you were able to breathe correctly.

After putting on the simple dress that grazed the floor even with heels on you exit your room and see your sisters who were also shocked to see you in the hallways. "Dioni, Melina what are you two doing here? Dinner has already started," you ask as they run up to hug you.

Melina and Dioni were twins and born only years after you, they were now about to be twenty and you knew all too well what mischief they could get into if left alone. Melina was more of the angel but Dioni definitely brought the devil out of her, in the best way possible.

The two teens had now looked relieved to see you. "We told mamma we had to journal before dinner, you know how she is about mental health."

"She doesn't believe in it," you say.

Dioni nodded, "Exactly, so she just shooed us away and said to come back once we poured our little hearts out." they shrugged in unison and then began to text on their phones. "She did demand I tell you, and I quote to get your ass in that chair at the dinner table." Dioni stops taking a selfie to tell you before resuming the smile.