𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

01 - runaway bride

"HE SAID WHAT?" DIONI ALMOST YELLS after hearing you repeat what happened with Suguru. Melina quickly shuts her up by throwing a pillow. Dioni now paces around the room as if she could come up with a magical plan to get you out of this mess.

"So papà is only marrying you off for payment?" Melina asks from beside you as she is now pampering you with a spa night. She really sensed you were stressed after you announced that your impromptu wedding was tomorrow.

"He said it's business," you murmur, trying not to cry at the thought of what your life will be like after tomorrow. You couldn't leave the girls now, your mamma would only try to shape them into something they're not and you felt the need to protect them from being treated as you were.

Your papà had reassured you many times that you would be able to come back home to visit but the look on Suguru's face said otherwise. All you could think about was how unreal this felt, and how you were too young to marry. It wasn't fair.

Dioni stood next to your window, looking out past the city lines, "You know there's one place he couldn't reach you... if you get there in time."

You frown, intrigued. "What do you mean?"

Dioni waves you over and Melina follows. There you also saw the city lines and how close you were to the forbidden land that you could by no circumstances step on. Once you step on that land, you don't belong to yourself anymore, you belong to him.

"Maybe if you beg enough the Akuma will let you settle there until you can access your trust fund in a year."

Your eyes widened at how easily your problems could be solved in two steps. The only problem was that he wasn't a nice man and you had nothing to offer but your options were slim. The thought of facing him in person made your throat close from anxiousness.