𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

07 - sweet venom

TOJI SAT IN HIS OFFICE, EATING lunch alone was routine for him. He actually enjoyed the quietness that gave him the chance to think about anything and today's topic was his wife. No matter how hot his blood turned at the thought of her, it didn't stop him from using his office phone to call Choso.

"Yeah?" he answered.

"What is she doing?" Toji asks, getting straight to the point. After sending his wife with Maki, Choso was sent shortly after to make sure that the two girls weren't doing anything they shouldn't. Maki had always been his favorite out of the Zenin family but he would put it past her to help a woman in need in the chance that y/n had confided in her about the sham of a marriage. Of course, Toji made sure to let Choso know that neither of the two should know about his presence. He knew that Choso being there to keep watch wouldn't go well with either of the self-proclaimed independent women.

Choso was silent and Toji's patience was running thin, it's only been three hours since he had left home and it was unusual to be on edge like this. Toji chalks it up as being a skeptic to letting y/n have too much freedom but that was bullshit and he even knew it. "They just left a shoe store and are walking down the strip to get ice cream. Would you like to know their orders too?" Choso asks with a hint of sarcasm that has Toji rolling his eyes in annoyance, he paid for his time, not his words.

"No, but I'm ordering you to shut the fuck up." Toji's tone comes out harsher than expected but he couldn't be bothered to care. And like the smart man Choso is, he listened. "Let me know where she goes next, " he says before hanging the phone up without so much as a bye. With a sigh Toji rubs his hand along his jaw, feeling the muscles continue to tense. His whole body was tense and normally that would call for a visit from someone who he was actively ignoring at the moment. He needed another solution.

So instead, Toji stands up to take a walk.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

You and Maki walked into the fourth store of the day, it was Maki's choice and you decided to sit down to let your feet take a break as she continued to shop. You already had a handful of bags which was another reason you didn't feel bad about skipping, the damage to Toji's card was just beginning.

As you sit there waiting, you see someone in the corner of your eye who's wearing all black slowly walking through the racks of clothing with their head down, as if they wanted to be hidden as much as possible. They look up a few seconds in your direction and when you turn to meet their gaze, their head drops. You furrow your brows and stand up to walk to the other side of the store where Maki is actively flirting with the employee.

"Do you think you would be able to see my nipples through this?" is what you hear Maki ask, pulling a white t-shirt to her chest.

When seeing you behind her, the poor boy's face turned beet red and he didn't dare to look below Maki's neck. He nodded anyway, "I-i believe so."