𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

04 - three's a crowd

MAKI WAS WAITING FOR YOU AT the gate with a hat and glasses in hand, "Just in case guards see you." she sets the hat on your head and fixes your hair delicately. "You seem nervous," she states in your silence.

You take a second to breathe and put the sunglasses on that managed to cover half of your face. "I am nervous... I get the sense he doesn't like to be tested." you look back at Toji's mansion. "Are you sure your friend can pretend to be me while we're gone?" you ask.

Maki puts an arm around your shoulders and begins walking to her driver's blacked-out expedition, "Don't worry your pretty head about that, we have to meet some of my friends and then we're going to show you what this town really offers." she wiggles her eyebrows and opens the door, motioning for you to go in first.

You stay frozen in your spot for two seconds but instead of backing out, you get into the car and place your trust in someone you met yesterday.

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

It was a short drive to town and you took the time to look around your surroundings. Toji's side wasn't as nice as your father's but more lively which surprised you. The car stopped at a restaurant and you quickly got out first then Maki. You kept your head down and followed without asking questions.

"Maki!" a boy runs up and tackles her into a hug.

"Yuji," Maki smiles and returns the hug, "This is y/n.. my cousin's wife?" she says in a questioning tone. "She married Toji," she whispers in his ear and you see Yuji's eyes almost pop out of his head.

"You?" he points, and you nod in response, wanting to question him more on why that's so surprising, but two more people walk up and greet Maki. A girl with light brown hair in a light pink mini skirt channel set and a boy that looks exactly like Yuji, just with tattoos everywhere and black mixed in with his pink hair. Yuji's evil twin almost.

"y/n, this is Nobara and Yuji's twin, Sukuna."

Nobara was the first to greet you with a hug and you get a whiff of Channel no. 5, classy girl. "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise, cute hat." she winks before her phone rings and she excuses herself to take it. You look at Yuji and Maki still discussing your marriage with Toji, but Maki wouldn't know anything, it was constructed in less than twenty-four hours. Your vision of them gets blocked by someone and your eyes look up to meet Sukuna's dark ones.