I'm Sorry

"Zarah, are you okay?" Bucky repeated, gently grabbing her face in his hands, using his thumbs to wipe her tears away. Zarah nodded as she looked deep into his stormy blue eyes as they darted around her face in search of any injuries.

"W- we should call Steve and Izzy," she whispered, placing her hands over his. Bucky nodded slowly as he let go of her; pulling his phone out of his back pocket, he quickly dialed Steve's number and put the phone on speaker.

"Buck? You okay?" Steve's worried voice floated through the phone as Bucky couldn't help but chuckle.

"Not exactly. Z and I kinda ran off the road. We're near-"

"Groot lane," Zarah interrupted. Steve's voice faded off slightly as he gathered some things, rustling around before he spoke again. His voice kept fading in and out as Zarah assumed that he was talking to Isabella.

"Zarah Rose Hawthorn, what did you do?" Isabella's harsh tone rang through the receiver as Zarah rubbed the back of her neck in shame.

"Isabella Violet Hawthorn,"

"What did you do?!" Isabella yelled, clearly irritated with her sister.

"Can I tell you when you get here?"

"Fuck no!" she yelled, a car door slamming in the background as the loud engine of Steve's truck roared to life. Sighing, Zarah silently asked Bucky for his phone; nodding, he handed the small device to her and allowed her to walk a few yards from him.

"I let my temper get the best of me," she answered quietly, running her hand through her hair. Her hand gently brushing her bruised nose, causing her to hiss slightly in pain. Isabella pushed out a defeated sigh, and Zarah knew she was pinching the bridge of her nose.

"After I fought that red headed bitch, we had to go to the hospital. After, he asked me to dance with him in the parking lot and I asked if he was going to stay. He told me that he didn't know and I got upset and stormed to the car. My temper got the best of me and I almost hit a deer. I swerved and went into a field," Zarah finally confessed, silent tears falling down her cheeks; realizing all of this was her fault and if she had just shut up and listened to him.

"You're both okay though?" Isabella asked softly, Zarah hummed in agreement as she turned around and glanced at Bucky. "Well, stay there I guess and we'll be there soon. I love you Z." Telling her sister that she loved her back, she hung up the phone and made her way towards Bucky.

Handing his phone to him, she sucked in a breath, contemplating what she should say. She became lost in her thoughts as Bucky finally climbed out of the car and began to pace; his steps weren't quick, but slow and methodical as he seemed to be planning something.

"Stevie and Izzy are on their way," she said quietly, fiddling with the helm of her shirt. Looking down to the ground, she tried her best to avoid eye contact; as much as she hated to admit it, but she was only mean and often times rude to cover up the fact that she was scared. She was scared of a lot of things, and she hated being seen as weak.

Bucky hummed in acknowledgement as he continued to pace, chewing on his fingernail as he became lost in thought. Continuing to fiddle with the hem of her shirt, Zarah sighed and sat back down in the car to wait for Steve and Izzy; she knew it would be awhile before they got there, Groot Lane was out of the way enough that it would take awhile.

"We need to talk," Bucky said abruptly. Zarah whipped her head up to look at him, everything bad running through her mind as she stared into his stormy blue eyes. Bucky calmly walked back over to her and stood in front of her.

Shakily pulling her vape out of her pocket, she inhaled deeply before pushing out a stream of smoke seconds later. Bucky smiled softly at  Zarah, his eyes filling with love and admiration for the anxious mechanic. He held her face in his hands once more as he gazed into her hazel eyes.