Chapter One

I sat on my bed and thought about what to write into my journal. I thought about the past and how I was going to change my future.

Before i could start writing in my journal, a sound of a bird clawing my window jolted my thought. I set my journal down and walk over to y window. I moved the curtain aside, only to see sleek and plump looking crow.

I looked at the crow and weirdly enough, it looked back at me. It suddenly made me uncomfortable.

I opened the window a bit. "Shoo." I half yelled at it.

It just sat there, mocking me.

Annoyed, I point an accusing finger at it. "If you don't fly away from this windowsill in the next 10 seconds. I will turn you into bird roast and feed you to the neighbors cat." I half lied about the roasting part, but the cat was a half truth.

It finally flew away and I shut my window, satisfied.

I walked back to my bed and picked up my journal then walked over to my dresser, and put my journal down.

I share a room with my sister, Elena, who was ready for school and, hopefully, making coffee downstairs.

Elena is my twin sister, needless to say we have the same face features and height, but she has brown straight hair with brown eyes while I have wavy blonde hair with blue eyes.

Odd, I know.

I grabbed my school bag and quickly made my way downstairs and walk towards the kitchen where I heard Aunt Jenna. "Toast, I can make toast."

Once I reach the kitchen, I see Aunt Jenna holding the refrigerator door open and looking at Elena, who was getting coffee.

"Its all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna," Elena said, pouring herself some coffee.

"Is there coffee?" I heard my brother, Jeremy, say while walking towards Elena and grabbing the cup of coffee from her hands. She glares at him a little, before grabbing another cup and pours coffee into it.

I was already making my way to her and before she can take a drink, I take the hot cup of coffee from her hands.

She glares at me, clearly annoyed.

"Thank you." I kiss her cheek and lean against the kitchen counter, while sipping my coffee.

Aunt Jenna walks over towards the kitchen table. "It's your guys first day of school and I'm totally unprepared..." she trailed off. Then she walks over to us. "Lunch money?"

"I'm good," me and Elena say at the same time.

Jeremy, on the other hand, took the money and walked over to the table, getting his things ready.

"Anything else?" Aunt Jenna asks, a little frantic. "A number two pencil? What am I missing?"

I smile sweetly at her and shook my head, finishing my coffee and putting my empty cup into the sink. I turn to look at her. "Don't you have a big presentation today?"

"I'm supposed to meet my thesis adviser..." she looks at the time on her watch. "...now. Crap!" She quickly starts to get her things and in the process, she took her bun down.

"Then go, we'll be fine." Elena said.

I turned toward Jeremy. "You ok?"

Jeremy glares at us. "Don't start." Before walking out.

I sigh looking at Elena. "I wish we knew what to say to him." Elena looks at me sadly. "I mean..." she pauses. "Are we ok?"

I smile at her and she smiles back. "We're getting there." I grab my leather jacket and bag. "Come on. Bonnie's waiting."