Chapter Eight

Third Person - Salvatore Boarding house
By the time Stefan came home, Damon was long gone. When Stefan saw the front door was wide open, he knew instantly something was wrong.

And then he smelled blood.

He quickly gets out of his car and vamps-speeds into his house. He stopped in shock when he saw Lys on the floor, face pale, heartbeat scarcely slow, and a bloody neck.

"Lys!" He runs over to her and gentley holds her up. He moves hair away from her face and gently caresses her cheek. "Lys."

She groggily opens her eyes. "Stefan..." She says, weakly. Her gaze slowly moves behind me. "...Damon." She mutters out, before passing out.

Stefan looks behind him, seeing the basement doors wide open. He looks down at Lys, he picks her up and carries her into the living room, and gently places her on the couch.

He gives Lys one last look, before vamp-speeds down the basement stairs. His eyes widen when he saw a familiar figure laying on the ground, unmoving. He goes over to Zach's body. He crouches down to his 'uncle' and sadly hangs his head as tears comes down his cheeks.

 He crouches down to his 'uncle' and sadly hangs his head as tears comes down his cheeks

He angrily punches the wall then wipes the tears off his face. He rushes up the stairs and comes upon a wooden box. He opens the box and takes out the stake, that's inside it.

He runs to the door and opens it, only to a narrowed eyed, frightened Elena.

"What are you?" She demands.

*Flashback - Mystic Falls, 1864*

Stefan walked out onto his porch in the sunlight, the boy smiling to see the carriage arriving at his home.

As the carriage stopped, a girl steps out, and holds her hand out for the other young girl to come out.

Once the second girl came out, Stefan's eyes gazes over her, taking in her beauty. Olive skin tone, brown eyes and hair, in a beautiful gown.

The young girl glances over at the boy, looking at him up and down, smiling.

The boy walks over to her and takes her hand. "You must be Ms. Pierce."

"Please. Call me Katherine."

*Present Day - Mystic Falls*

Stefan looks at Elena, jaw tense. "You know."

"No, I don't know," she quickly denies.

"Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here."

She quickly shakes her head in disbelief. "It's not possible. It can't be."

Stefan takes a step forward, causing Elena to step back. "Everything you know, and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that."