Chapter Two

Elena and I were walking to the Mystic Falls Cemetary and sat across from the graves of our parents. Elena was writing in her diary, until a bird landed on our parents tombstone. "Ok," she said, putting down her diary. "Hey bird."

I looked up from writing in my journal and let out an annoyed groan. "Oh, not you again."

Elena looks at me confused. "Again?"

I waved off her question. "Long story...kinda."

"That's not creepy or anything," Elena said with a smile.

I scoff and looked back down at my journal only to realize that there was fog everywhere.

"Uh, Elena."

Elena, who was getting annoyed of the crow, finally shewed it away. ONce the crow flew away, she turned her attention to me. "What?"

"Well," I stood up and grabbed her diary from the ground and handing it to her. "Number one is that our little friend is back." I said, pointing at the crow behind her. "And number two, don't you think this fog is a tab bit odd."

Elena grabbed her bag and my wrist and started to drag me away from the creepy crow and fog.

We both stopped when a silhouette of a man appeared in the fog infront of us. I leaned in close to Elena and whispered to her. "Number three would be the creepy shadow guy."

She starts to run in the other direction, dragging me along with her.

We came to a small hill, where Elena suddenly trips and falls, briging me down with her.

I groan. "Seriously Elena."

She mumbles out a 'sorry'.

I turn on my stomach, only to come face to face with shoes. I slowly trailed my gaze from the shoes and up the persons leg and upper body. Once his face came into view, I couldn't help but smile in embarrasment, when it was the 'hot new' guy from school.

His hand was outstreached towards me. I grabbed it and he helped me up.

"Thanks." He simple nods.

I turn around and help Elena up, she gasps when she sees him.

"You two ok?" he asks us.

"We you following us?" Elena asks, indicating to the hill we just tumbled down.

"No," he said, looking up at the hill. "I, uh, just saw you two fall."

I scoff lightly. "Uhuh, and you just so happen to be hanging out in a cemetary."

"I'm visiting," he said in a soft defensive tone. "I have family here."

Ok, now I feel like a total bitch. " Subtle, Lys," I whispered to myself.

"Oh," Elena said, looking guilty. "Wow." She took a deep breath. "It's the fog. It's making us foggy, and the bird, it was all very Hitchcocky for a minute. That is the bird movie, The Hitchcock?"

The guy was smiling at her rambling, so I elbowed her to make her stop before she embarrases herself more.

She takes a breath and smiles at him. "I'm Elena, and this is my sister-"

"Alyssandra, but you can call me Alyssa, Lyssa, or Lys," I smile at him. "Either one is fine."

He nods and smiles at us. "I'm Stefan."

"Oooh, Italian," Stefan smiles at me while Elena looked confused. "Lo sono il piu divertente gemello." I tease.

Stefan let out a small laugh.