Chapter Five

Elena comes out of the bathroom in a towel and looks at her cheer-leading uniform that was on her bed. She looks over at me.

"You're not going to do it, are you?"

She shook her head, then grabbed the uniform and threw it at me.

I looked at her confused. "Why are you giving it to me?" I asked her, holding up the uniform.

"Because, you burnt your uniform."

"I did?" I asked, even more confused.

"Yup," She said, popping the 'p.' "When I asked you why, you said 'I was sacrificing it to the devil'."

I nod my head, grinning. "Yeah. That sounds like me."

"For the last time, Elena." I said, more annoyed than ever. "I am not going to tell you my dream."

"But I told you mine!" She whined.

I made a face. "Yeah, and I wish you didn't."

She rolls eyes.

We were at the school, getting ready for the prep rally before the big game.

Elena turns around. "Ooh, you look hot in your jersey," she said.

I turned around to see who she was talking to, only to see Stefan

I turned around to see who she was talking to, only to see Stefan. And damn, did he lot hot.

He looked at my clothes smiling, and then Elena's. "What happened? No more cheer-leading?"

"I quit. I'm a quitter."

Stefan came closer to her. "No, hey. You're not a quitter. You suffered a great loss." He looks at me. "Both of you. You're not the same people. You should be looking ahead. You should be starting over. Ok?"

She smiles and nodded.

Stefan looks at me. "What made you change your mind?"

I shook my head. "Oh, I didn't change my mind. I was forced into this." I gestured to the uniform.

Elena wraps her arm around my shoulder. "Doesn't she look cute?"

I groaned.

"To be honest," he said. "Yeah."

I tried not to blush.

Elena snaps her finger, holding out her hand to me. "Give me your phone."

I look at her hand then up at her. "Why?'

"I wanna take a picture of you two."

"Us two?" I asked, gesturing to me and Stefan. She nods. "You wanna take a picture of me with your boyfriend?"

"Yes!" Elena said annoyed. "Now, give me your phone."

I look at Stefan, who just gives me a shrug. I shrug back before giving her my phone and went to stand next to Stefan.