Chapter 14

Morning came slower than what Sonic expected but that did happen to one when they had no sleep. Quietly Sonic made his way downstairs, sneaking as carefully as he could. “Hey blue”. Sonic jumped when Rouge’s voice appeared in front of him. “What are you doing up this early?” Sonic asked, looking at Rouge who was looking through the cupboards while Knuckles bounced an upset Shade on his knee. Tails followed Sonic into the room. “Trying to find your daughter some food she likes”, Sonic did not miss the sarcasm in Rouge’s tone. Knuckles looked at Sonic apologetically but the echidna looked exhausted. Sonic nodded, taking Shade off him, the hoglet looked even more unhappy. “I’m sorry, I should have left the room when you guys got up. I will take it from here”. Knuckles took one look at the cobalt hedgehog and shook his head. Sonic was shaking from running on adrenaline and he looked like he had no clue on what to do. “Don’t worry about it blue, you looked deep in thought besides we don’t mind. Knuckie here just doesn’t do early rise, especially at 05:30am, time works a little differently here than on Mobius” Rouge explained, passing a small bowl of apple, banana and grapes over to Shade. Everyone in the room held their breath as the small hedgehog inspected the food before putting a grape in her mouth and chewing happily. Shade smiled from where Sonic had put her down next to Tails and Knuckles in a high chair that Helen had provided yesterday. Letting out a breath, Rouge made a move on making breakfast with Amy helping since she just entered the room with Silver. 

“Morning,” Silver grumbled at the group, slightly holding his head. “You alright Silver?” Tails asked. Silver nodded pointing at his head and chest. “Chaos energy?”. Silver nodded at Amy’s question as she placed some toast in front of the white hedgehog. 

“Something is still messing with my powers so I feel a bit drained” Silver explained taking a bite out of his toast while Amy passed breakfast out and a chilli dog for their resident speedster who smiled gratefully. “Rouge?” Helen’s voice entered the kitchen as she wheeled herself into the room. “Yes Honey”. “You have a visitor, who seems very urgent to talk to you”. Rouge nodded following Helen out of the room and into the back garden. 

“Bokkun?” 

“Rouge!” he smiled looking at the one he called his ‘mother’.

Rouge smiled at the little robot she had respected as a little brother. Dr Eggman had told her that he had decommissioned the little robot, but found he had lied. She was furious. 

“What can I do for you, hun?” Rouge asked, a hand came to wrap around her waist. Instantly she knew who it was, glancing back she noticed Knuckles, Sonic and Tails. 

“I have a message for you that I wish to not get back to the doctor” Bokkun explained, holding up one of the exploding TV’s. Rouge smirked when Tails and Sonic backed up while Knuckles remained by her side as the small robot pressed play on his message. Sonic and Tails moved closer to hear the TV.

Anger clouded Rouge the bat's vision, how dare the doctor plan to use her best-friend’s daughter in his plans. Oh the doctor didn’t know what was coming his way, she would start with that stupid moustache and then move onto. Her thoughts were interrupted as an explosion nearby alerted the group to trouble. “Bokkun, get inside and wait there until I get back!” Rouge commanded. Bokkun nodded, throwing the TV away to let it explode. Knuckles grabbed it, throwing it in the sky so it wouldn’t affect anything. The small group ran towards the explosion and gasped. Dr Eggman had somehow created an army overnight. Probably with the master emerald's help, Knuckles thought about tightening his fists. Robots were emerging from the beach and the trees nearby. Which were soon accompanied by helicopters, Rouge gasped noticing the symbol on the side. G.U.N had arrived. 

“Stand down! This is G.U.N. we have you surrounded, Eggman!” Rouge smiled, recognising the commander's voice. Knuckles cracked his knuckles ready for a fight. Sonic smirked, sharing a look with Tails who grabbed one of his devices to alert the others back at Christopher’s house on what was happening. One of the helicopters landed behind the mobians, out stepped the commander and Agent Topaz. “Agent Rouge, it has been a while”, “Not long enough hun”. Topaz smiled, coming to stand beside her commander and Rouge.